By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does being athiest mean to you?

pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

3. republicans talk religion form it into propaganda to get the devoted religioous to follow there lead to win elections so they can continue to have power the blindfollow without question, just like religion.

republicans also believe in something

what do you think there is a person sitting on top and they have nothing to do,whatever a person does is for something

yea. there for something alright. greed, power, and money

money is just a commodity of measuring hardwork and service

power is a way of using it

greed only persists within the poor not the rich as they have worked for it

What?

majority of the people rich have earned it and they know what it means and the value of money

people like celibrities who just turn rich in one day think of it as a cool thing and powerfull object abuse they were poor one day.they think of it as a sprint for enjoyment but not marathon to enjoy forever

I think you're generalising way too much now

my way of saying it would be wrong above but i'm not generalising that much

its just the way it works and its not generalization but human way

So everybody that is rich has worked for it and deserves it? And everybody that is poor is greedy because they want some money to survive?

no but their ancestors have

life isn't fair

what do you think,u are born and everything will be equal

people don't wwant money to survive,thats not the point.if surviving then whats the point of living

people think of money as another world aka better lifestyle

its like you get all the money but if your friends and family don't have it then it doesn't matter

money is just a form of exchange

two examples:

1 man,scientist works his life to privide utility and products for others that people want so they pay him

another man,does nothing and creates 10 children and says soceity pays for it which is wrong.

ruler and slaves

ruler knows how to the world works and our control over it

slave says i will work for you even though he has the right to say no and make the ruler work for him

No, he doesn't because then he wouldn't be a slave.

but he does what he is told to do,that shows the limit of his consciousness

here both the parties are at fault

ruler to think he can do anything for his pleasure

salve to let others take advantage of him

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
there is no god,plain and simple. the only proof you need is to stand in the middle of the street,then pray for your so called mircale,when you wake up in the hospitial then,you will know ladies and getlemen. There's all these stupid fake religions,what is there a place in the so called heaven's were all of the fake gods meet at a roundtable. It kind of reminds me of that scene in god of war. People only use religion,because either there weak minded are they need something to make themselves feel better. I'll tell you one more time,THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread,kind of reminds me of that south park episode called imagination land,because that's exactly what relgion is.

thats the problem that people misunderstand GOD

GOD is life giver not runner

and don't confuse religion with GOD,thats what fools most people.Religion is just a way of believing and way of living

snakenobi said:
oldschoolfool said:
there is no god,plain and simple. the only proof you need is to stand in the middle of the street,then pray for your so called mircale,when you wake up in the hospitial then,you will know ladies and getlemen. There's all these stupid fake religions,what is there a place in the so called heaven's were all of the fake gods meet at a roundtable. It kind of reminds me of that scene in god of war. People only use religion,because either there weak minded are they need something to make themselves feel better. I'll tell you one more time,THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread,kind of reminds me of that south park episode called imagination land,because that's exactly what relgion is.

and don't confuse religion with GOD,thats what fools most people.Religion is just a way of believing and way of living

In other words, the word 'God' is a simple reference to the universe, as in there is no sentiant being creating things, rather that the universe contains the elements(Atoms) for life and objects.

Humans have a need to think we are more important than we really are. All cultures create some belief system to make everyday hardships worthwhile to live with. God is just a way to cope with reality. It is human nature and makes life easier, i want no part of it especially when it often creates feelings of superiority and unquestionable loyalty to one line thinking.

double post

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Believing is hard , it's a very deep and complicated idea , as if you can actually see God in everything around you, believing isn't some kind of choice you make.

Being atheist is like choosing the easy path, you are atheist because you can't really believe , that's how I see it

You have it the other way around. It's much easier to believe in fairy tales than it is to see reality for what it is. Simple example: Santa. You have to be an ignorant kid to believe it, and it is, yet you have to be slightly older and mature to understand that Santa is just a whole lot of bullshit.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Netyaroze said:
"And what reality ? , it depends on how you choose to see reality , I can see many things around me that are too impressive and wonderful to exist without some kind of genius "mind" behind them.. DNA for example , it's like what happens in our lives.. it's impossible to achieve a great success or make a great thing by chance , you need to work hard to make it happen ... it's really simple to me ."

No thats not necessarily the case. You are right in a sense everything around us is made in a way to allow life the natural laws are incredibly fine tuned a tiny change and everything would fall into pieces. Just the slightest change and complex forms of existance would be impossible. Molecules wouldnt hold atoms would decay too fast heavy elements wouldnt exist and so on. Thats when religion sayed it would be too big of a coincidence for life to exist at all. And its true the coincidence is too huge. But with a multiverse we would have millions of universes without life for everyone with life so ofcourse life forms in the universes with life ask themself how can it be that the universe is so perfect for life all those wonders around us someone had to create it this would be true if the universe has absolutely constant natural laws and is the only one and nothing came before then it would indicate a creator but science doubts it all there unified theorys predict multiple universes also natural laws seem to change on long distances so we might just be in the corner that allows life and it wouldnt be coincidence anymore. On the other hand you could say god is infinite why should he create just one reality so ofcourse we will find out that there are more then one universe.

There is no objective reason to believe either way. You cant reason logically about it its a feeling that some people have some not. Its also not the easier way to not believe its a different way thats it.

Hmmmm ... That's one way to put it,but..

Science theories that millions of universes exist are impotent,"Where" and "How many" science doesn't tell, and even if that's a given , the assumption that life doesn't exist in every universe is beyond science right now, as wired as it sounds life might exist everywhere around in some kind of "spreading" that god has chosen as god is the ultimate wisdom a believer might say, and the reasoning for that will be different from one to another.

Science stating that the universe is in some kind of movement , it's expanding at faster and faster rate ,so maybe at some point it was all about this planet and its natural laws that allow life .. maybe.

By what I said about things that are too complicated to exist by chance I didn't only mean what you understood, I was also talking about meanings that beyond us,some higher meanings that we can't do anything about,like time and how it affect our reality ,like death the certain fate of us all,Humanity itself ,all the fabulous "things" we can't see like emotions and thoughts .

It's much deeper than a mere feeling that some people have and some not, it's what you can see and feel in all the things and meanings, a way of analyze and understanding I might say, which of course brings so many painful thoughts and questions like why did God created us , I mean it's like an inner "why should I even bother" , being different doesn't mean it's not easier, the one can't just be a believer.

jake_the_fake1 said:
snakenobi said:
oldschoolfool said:

In other words, the word 'God' is a simple reference to the universe, as in there is no sentiant being creating things, rather that the universe contains the elements(Atoms) for life and objects.

it is either the creator or itself

universe isn't made up of atoms,the same question amateur scientist ask that who made GOD

somebody had to make atoms,there we hit another dead point

just watch a few videos on conciousness,quantum physics and superstring theory(m theory) and u will figure everything out

the days of scientist believing that life is made up of matter are gone,scientist themselves had it tough to live knowing that so they went the other way the creation of life and sustainability where they found the answer

vlad321 said:
VXIII said:
Believing is hard , it's a very deep and complicated idea , as if you can actually see God in everything around you, believing isn't some kind of choice you make.

Being atheist is like choosing the easy path, you are atheist because you can't really believe , that's how I see it

You have it the other way around. It's much easier to believe in fairy tales than it is to see reality for what it is. Simple example: Santa. You have to be an ignorant kid to believe it, and it is, yet you have to be slightly older and mature to understand that Santa is just a whole lot of bullshit.

Believing while you're rational and mature is totally different mater than an innocent kid being told some tales by his parents which means everything to him.

Mind that when I say believing I don't mean any kind of religion , many people are christian only because they've born as christian and many people are Muslims for the same reason .. etc . BTW " choosing the easy path" isn't necessarily a bad thing , I didn't mean it that way.

I'm an atheist, and what I believe is only the true.