By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any gun owners on VG?

*clicks on thread*
*clicks "back", slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwlllly*

A serious question: Why the hell do you guys need guns?

Around the Network

I haz this!!

"It's REALLY powerful, ESPECIALLY against living things!"

Xen said:
*clicks on thread*

defense/protection

recreation

hunting

sport

they're fun.

better question: why not?

Xen said:
*clicks on thread*

I hunt some but mostly I just get together with friends and shoot stuff.  Targets, skeet, mounds of dirt, trees etc...

I don't know why but shooting is a fun way to kill a Saturday and it's challenging to get good at it.

TadpoleJackson said:
blkfish92 said:

That is bad ass.

Actually, now and days it's more or less a useless piece of paper. You can't carry the gun into anyplace... = 

What really? That is dumb, what's the point then?

Around the Network

I'm not a gun nut but I do own a few guns. I'm formally trained and proficient with them, too. At my job, we actually use modified weapons and shoot at each other for training purposes, quite often.

I own a Glock 17c 9mm, a Sig Sauer 40 cal, and a P32 that I've never shot--I don't know what caliber it is! I also own a shotgun that was issued to me on my last job (Sheriff's deputy) that they never even asked me to return. In fact, I have all of my cop stuff. The only reason I don't still have a Taser and a patrol car is that I voluntarily turned them in. My old boss actually wanted me to keep the car in case something happened and he needed to call in people in an emergency. Little did he know that, at the time, I had no intentions of ever returning!

i wish!

if i were to have a gun the first would be an S&W500

Triwells said:

I haz this!!

Very powerful.

another lol moment 

I never understood why North Americans are so into guns. Reading the gun names is like reading Chinese to me, Guess that's why shooters are so popular over there.

Personally, I have never owned or met anyone who owned a gun. The closest I've been is seeing policemen with them a few times, especially in airports.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

brendude13 said:
Marks said:

Hey I was just curious whether anyone else here on VG is into guns, hunting, shooting, etc. I just recently finished all the necessary courses and sent away all the paperwork to get my PAL (Posession and Acquisition Licence) in Canada so I'm not far from getting my licence and getting my first gun!

Anyone already own a gun (or multiple guns)? I'm looking at buying a Russian SKS as my first gun. Its only around $250-300 in Canada and I've heard its reliable and fairly accurate. I'm also looking into handguns, possibly the CZ 75B and/or a Tokarev TT-33. 

Whatever, I just wondered how popular guns are on this site. Not sure how gun ownership works in Europe but in Canada and USA its not that hard to get guns. 

Well I'm British, so the only guns we can have are either shotguns or .22 rifles with a license.

Aah that's too bad. A lot more strict than Canada. Here the only things that are prohibited are fully automatic guns and pistols that are less than 4 inches (too easy to conceal I guess).