By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any gun owners on VG?

TadpoleJackson said:
maximus22 said:

It's true that it is easy for law abiding citizens to get a gun here thank God.  But no matter where you are, criminals can always find a gun on the illegal black market and those are the people that I am prepared for.  And if someone breaks into my home with a knife or a pipe they stand absolutely no chance.

Not to mention that rioters in England had guns. Gun laws over there did nothing much to stop them from acquiring firearms

That's exactly right.  For the most part all gun laws do is to take protection out of the hands of the law abiders, which is just silly.  I grew up in a town where it was actually against the law NOT to own a gun.  Oddly enough break in crimes there were virtually non existent.  We have our problems but one thing I can promise you is that you would never see looting riots going on around here. 

Around the Network

anyone know FPSrussia from youtube???? how does he get all these automatic machine guns???

kickazz113 said:
anyone know FPSrussia from youtube???? how does he get all these automatic machine guns???

....Legally?

You can own full-autos in the US, but they do not come cheap at all.

Heck, you can buy working tanks if you like. Just have to pass the right kind of clearances and fill out months' of paperwork. You have to have a Class 3 FFL permit to own full autos. I believe there is a $200 tax permit associated with each transfer (aka purchase) of a full-auto firearm.

Oh, and Dimitry has a lot, and I mean a lot of money. That BOFORS 40mm he had probably cost $50,000 or so.

As for myself, I do not shoot much, but I used to a lot. My dad has a lot of guns, which are part of my inheritance. So I own the following:

1. Chinese SKS Type-54 Rifle
  2. M93 Finnish Mauser
  3. Mosin Nagant (stamped in 1942 and likely killed some Nazis, too)
  4. S&W 40cal.
  5. Mossburg Defender Shotgun

Once I have more disposable income, I plan on buying a semi-automatic Saiga shotgun, and getting a number of conversions, and likely a Saiga chambered in .308. Eventually, I will get a concealed carry permit. Ohio has very favorable concealed carry laws and the castle doctrine, which means our courts are usually on the side of the victim and not the attacker in case of an armed provocation.

Firearm ownership and the culture is one of the few things America still gets right today. The ability to have a force multiplier such as a firearm is a woefully needed thing. Additionally, the sport of hunting is invaluable for my state. Our state saves and earns millions of dollars from controlled hunts of animals such as deer. They breed very fast here, and cause significant damage to local crops. Therefore, hunting them culls the population to reduce farm damage. Additionally, the food gained from the hunts provides many people food through our local programs that allow hunters to donate their kill to food pantries. Overall, it provides millions of pounds of meat each year for needy families.

As for handguns, my family really likes the M&P and FNP/FNX line. Very good guns. I like the Springfield XD/XDM, but I've heard they have a few issues with relability.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

kickazz113 said:

I think someone already answered your question. Loose US gun laws and the fact that he is a rich son of a bitch (most likely because of Youtube).

Anyway, that man is a legend, his videos always crack me up.

Marks said:
maximus22 said:
My lovely guns:

a side by side breach 12 gauge shotgun (my fav)
a pump action 16 gauge shotgun
a 30-06 scoped bolt action rifle
a semi auto M16
a .45 glock (car)
a .38 special revolver (bedroom)

and a conceal permit :)

Nice collection man! You're well prepared for anything. 

I 2nd Marks. I think he is ready for anything. including a zombie outbreak, or a "Red Dawn" movie type scenario.

Around the Network

I don't own any guns myself, but my best friend grew up hunting and ended up in the air force for a few years, and his older brother used to clean guns at a local gun shop, so I've been around them a decent bit.

We often go up to my friend's camp and mess around with .22s and stuff. Occasionally we'll handle heavier firearms, like a G3 or the 12-guage pump action we played around with last weekend.

And sometimes they get some crazy shit out there. This local guy one time rigged together two .22 triggers/hammers/barrels and a gear that would alternately hit each trigger, creating this dual-barreled automatic (but not actually automatic) contraption you'd fire by turning a wheel with a handle.

We go "hunting", but it's really just walking around the woods and shooting random shit.

makingmusic476 said:
I don't own any guns myself, but my best friend grew up hunting and ended up in the air force for a few years, and his older brother used to clean guns at a local gun shop, so I've been around them a decent bit.

We often go up to my friend's camp and mess around with .22s and stuff. Occasionally we'll handle heavier firearms, like a G3 or the 12-guage pump action we played around with last weekend.

And sometimes they get some crazy shit out there. This local guy one time rigged together two .22 triggers/hammers/barrels and a gear that would alternately hit each trigger, creating this dual-barreled automatic (but not actually automatic) contraption you'd fire by turning a wheel with a handle.

We go "hunting", but it's really just walking around the woods and shooting random shit.

That's my favorite type of hunting!

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER