Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Parents complain about new console being to expensive ..... in 1991

200 bucks is way too much for a console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls&feature=feedu



Around the Network

Inflation?



<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Wait. You mean I could have jumped inside of the TV when I played F-Zero? I'm getting my Super Nintendo back from my mom, TODAY!



mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

“But no matter how you play the game or which game you play, things have definitely come a long way since Pac-Man.“

You have no idea, Kent. You have no idea.



d21lewis said:
Wait. You mean I could have jumped inside of the TV when I played F-Zero? I'm getting my Super Nintendo back from my mom, TODAY!


I thought everybody knew that.

*shrugs*



Around the Network

The NES was $100?

I thought all pre-Wii Nintendo consoles launched at $200. (unless the reporter was comparing a later reduced NES price to the launch SNES price).

I'm Nintenpendant.



TWRoO said:
The NES was $100?

I thought all pre-Wii Nintendo consoles launched at $200. (unless the reporter was comparing a later reduced NES price to the launch SNES price).

I'm Nintenpendant.

I'm pretty sure that they were talking about the "then current price" of the NES. The NES Deluxe set (with R.O.B the robot/light gun/gyromite/duck hunt) probably retailed for $200 when it debuted.

The video is pretty interesting, especially the "f-zero" part. Classic!




starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The classic mom comment from back in the day still is:

"What a ruthless business these video game makers are. They change the form and size of cartridges to force you to buy a new system."



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

200$ was A LOT of gas in the US back then.



4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
200$ was A LOT of gas in the US back then.


I have controlled it and WOW, it's true. Well i think at the time 200$ was really like now 350€ if not more.



Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum