By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wipeout HD - it's not fun

Rainbird said:
I had more fun with the game when I turned the speed up actually. On novice, it's hard to get into the game, but when the speed goes up, you start getting more into the flow of things. Or at least I did. Just play some random races at higher speeds and see if that helps you.

Basically this for me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

It's a challenge but that is what makes it so damn awesome. Theres nothing better than busting a rocket in someones ass right as they get to the finish line lol. The game really isn't for everyone though, it's an acquired taste.

Maybe it is because u have pilot assist on like some1 already said. That's no good.
I used the d-pad to plat it instead of the analogue sticks. Have to try it out for urself which suits u better.
Having problems on novice means u r doing something wrong.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Train? This is not a game for normal novice gamers. But when you get better i promise it all gets much more fun!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

idk,...i didnt find it that hard or frustrating...it certainly wasnt any fun, i can agree with that though.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

i didn't find it that hard ? , you probably haven't used the L2 and R2 buttons, i use those quite a lot and add to that you should REMOVE the turning assist option because that slows your ship by 70%

Yeah never liked the series either.

And yes I did come first when I played the demo. Still I think there are much better racers out there.

Chrizum said:
ithis said:

I got the game as a PSN wellcome back game, since I heared good things about it and I am a racing fan.

According to the statistics from the game I ran some 287 laps of various circuits, a total of 3+ hours of effective racing (since the laps are quite short), all on campaign mode, all on Novice. I estimate that 80% of that was frustration, 15% meh and 5% fun. There should not be 89% frustration on novice. Even admitting that I am awfull at this game, there should not be this amount of frustration on novice. If I were a game reviewer, I would be tempted to cathegorize this as trash based on 10% of the game, so that I don't have to play it anymore.

How can I enoy this game?

You are obviously a casual and therefore you don't deserve to enjoy this game. Also, it's not about fun but about 1080p @ 60fps!

i completely agree this game isn't about fun its all about graphics... i mean how could any game not made by nintendo ever be fun?

o_O.Q said:
Chrizum said:
ithis said:

I got the game as a PSN wellcome back game, since I heared good things about it and I am a racing fan.

According to the statistics from the game I ran some 287 laps of various circuits, a total of 3+ hours of effective racing (since the laps are quite short), all on campaign mode, all on Novice. I estimate that 80% of that was frustration, 15% meh and 5% fun. There should not be 89% frustration on novice. Even admitting that I am awfull at this game, there should not be this amount of frustration on novice. If I were a game reviewer, I would be tempted to cathegorize this as trash based on 10% of the game, so that I don't have to play it anymore.

How can I enoy this game?

You are obviously a casual and therefore you don't deserve to enjoy this game. Also, it's not about fun but about 1080p @ 60fps!

i completely agree this game isn't about fun its all about graphics... i mean how could any game not made by nintendo ever be fun?

Why do you always try to rile up Nintendo fans?

Jin_Shihouin said:
Maybe it is because u have pilot assist on like some1 already said. That's no good.
I used the d-pad to plat it instead of the analogue sticks. Have to try it out for urself which suits u better.
Having problems on novice means u r doing something wrong.

You can win some races on novice with autopilot just by pushing accelerate button ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB