By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - First Pic of the New Superman

Tagged games:

I like. This Supes looks badass.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Even though Routh wasn't the problem, I still think he's just a shell with no character. He looked and sounded just like a Christopher Reeve-like superman but he didn't craft an identify of his own.

They could do better, not sure if this crazy looking guy might be him, but it could just be a bad camera moment for all you know. I mean, I kinda cringed at the thought of Heath Ledger being joker.

That's what Bryan Singer wanted. The last Superman movie was practically a sequel to the Reeve films.

lol superman isnt marvel its DC

I don't mind the actor too much, I just want them to tell a good story like the one in Action Comics 775, and stop telling the start, everybody knows who is superman and where does it comes from.

i hope the movie reveals where he buys his super-hairgel!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
i hope the movie reveals where he buys his super-hairgel!

I remember when I was a kid I would occasionally use saliva as glue, it doesn't really stick very well, but superman's super saliva can probably do the trick.

I may just become a believer.  Superman finally lost the red underwear!  He's lost it in the comics, too (now sporting a red belt, instead),

I may just become a believer.  Superman finally lost the red underwear!  He's lost it in the comics, too (now sporting a red belt, instead),

I'm not digging the costume as much anymore. I mean I don't mind the lack of underwear (Though I think he should have it), but I mind him not having his belt. That shade of blue they chose is a bit dull, the yellow would have balanced the colours a bit more.

Edit looking at these pictures:

I think the cape might be CGI and possibly the red on his belt might be digitally coloured.

^^^Yeah, I'm glad he quit with the red underwear outside of his pants (Batman figured that out ages ago--then again, he IS smarter than Superman). I do think there should be something in that area. Either a yellow belt or a red belt. Getting rid of both just seems a bit....off. The guy playing Superman does look like less of a psycho than he did in the OP, though.