By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forums are stagnating - what should be done about it?

Please admins of VGC, give us the previous skin or something.. back. It really made things so much easier. I understand that it takes time to adapt, but I know how everything is right now and it's just.. a mess. It isnt efficient!

Around the Network

When I joined years ago there was never a dull moment, now... It very dull.

supermario128 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'm sure nobody remembers me :D

I liked VGChartz better back when it looked like some 13 year old's MySpace page. :( It was a simpler time...

Of course people remember you.

Honestly, I think the only way to bring everyone back is to have another site redesign. I've said it from the start, but I still hate the design. Everything is spread out into 5 different sites when we only need one. The old site was great and everything was availiabe to you on one page. Now the news articles are terrible, the forums seem to be getting worse every day, and everyone is leaving. Ioi takes away all these features and wants people to pay for them (Of course he wants more money), but this will backfire in the end. I used to love visiting this site, and I hope someday I  can again. I highly doubt it...

Any reason you guys are still lurking?

:P

Go back to the one website and bring back the blue and get rid of all the excessive ads....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Ban all the PS3 fanboys!

sorry, I wanted to make outrageous demands like everyone else... What some of you people don't understand is that the site isn't going to move backward. It needs to move forward. A new redesign is needed, one that incorporates all the missing features into an easy to use format. Not a design that has already been used on this forum

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
makingmusic476 said:
NiKKoM said:

We should get rid of the rule that you have to be naked while you post.. that one is scaring people away...

That's actually part of the reason I'm still around.  >_>

When I posted in the "show yourself in underwear" thread, I actually had to put clothes ON for the picture.

O_o

*runs to search bar*

Ahahaha.  I removed it long ago.

Carl2291 said:
I agree. VGChartz as a whole has gone downhill over the last Year and 1/2.

We lost a whole bunch of the sales data, which was pretty much the core of the site. We're no longer allowed to actually comment on the sales charts. This was a great thing to have. We don't have the prediction league anymore. Recently, sales data has been pretty poor in terms of accuracy.

3DS has lauched, and it's been a huge failure so far. Wii is failing, so a whole bunch of the Nintendo fans who were here basically aren't interested anymore. Wii U looks to be going the Gamecube route too, so there isn't really much excitement over that.

The site has way too many PlayStation fans when compared to Xbox fans. Xbox fans are outnumbered and the forums clearly show this.
It's a hostile environment for any new members who join and they wont really want to stick around. This one's been this way since I joined though...

Thankfully, the mod team has been replaced. The old mod team, in fairness, was shit. Certain members were far too biased towards certain things and were out to get certain people. It's a turn off for newer members when they see constant complaints about it. Why would you want to join a community moderated by fanboys?

The forums as you said are too complicated. We don't need so many different boards. Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, Sales, PC/Mobile, Off topic. There. We need no more, IMO.

Gamrfeed is terrible. 99% of the news is beyond late and the editorials tend to be filled with crap. The sales articles we get are pretty good. Seece, trunkswd and Source all do a pretty good job.

I've been close to leaving a couple of times really....
The quality of dicussion has greatly decreased.
Some of the best members on the site have left.
You can't have a negative opinion on something without 5 people jumping on you for it.
No videogames that get me really excited are close to releasing.

NeoGAF's forums make ours look pathetic to be honest.

That's how it is on every forum, and it's something that can't really be helped, given how long Sony has been on the market compared to the Xbox, and given that the PlayStation generation of gamers were the first to start heavily using the internet.  Microsoft would need more time on the market and a bigger success than the 360 (relative to Sony's counterpart) to really change that.

The problem isn't the percentage of fans, but rather that these fans show hostilitiy towards each other.  Or hell, the fact that they focus on the platform instead of the games in general.

The ps3 generates the most talk on gaf by a good magin, but you don't see people being dicks to each other all over the place, so it's not an issue.

Hmm. Thinking of it, maybe I should go give Neogaf a chance

Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
I do miss a lot of the cooler Nintendo fans who have bailed out. I mean, they left you guys with me. Daaamn.

How long do you plan to stay around? I think you are already considering to leave.

I'll stay until.... Hell, I don't know. I don't have clear plans about when to leave. When I look up and realize that all the people I used to enjoy talking to are gone, I'll fade out quietly.

Pretty much what I did >_> 90% of them have already left, the others would be you, Rol, MM, Smeags, and wfz... and well with the exception of Rol I have everyone that is currently still here on MSN, AIM, Facebook, or Steam... and a decent number of us have group chats and such cause we get good discussions going like the old days of VGC  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

To me the site has become a mess. The user friendly days are way past. It seems the site has tried to grow but never decided which way. Or maybe one way clearly and that doesn't help either. (commercially)
The numbers (and indeed commenting on them) and the forums were strong points. Now it seems i have to go through hell to reach half of the info i used to get.
The site looks and acts more towards the gamer then towards the people that are interested in the numbers and discussing them. I as somewhat of a lurker can say that i miss the 'old' days, which is kind of sad because it makes me sound like the old man that i am.
Damn... depressing sunday it is...