By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U makes shooters easier to control

Killer Freaks From Outer Space producer says difficulty of turning is a thing of the past

Guillaume Brunier has told NGamer magazine that Wii U will make it easier for players to turn quickly in first-person shooters. In Ubisoft's shooter you'll feel every move on screen. So if you spin 180 degrees on the spot, this will be replicated on your TV or controller.

"We've used the accelerometer feature," explained Brunier. "If you move very fast the game will know and adjust movement speed. Those familiar with FPSes know how difficult it is to go around 180 degrees. With these new controls it's a thing of the past."

Source
-------

Yay or Nay?

Just for fun here is someone fusing Kinect and Wiimote for the "ultimate" FPS experience xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I just...can't take anything these devs say seriously until I see results. This stuff seems reminiscent of the speak before the Wii came out. This sounds good, let's hope it translates into good stuff.

when i see stuff and play them then i will believe them!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It looks a bit too heavy for the hardcore.

lets hope so

Around the Network

I just don't see the people that play cod/halo/FPS to turn there ass 360 to turn around in a game.

yeah... turning your whole body around is easier than simply holding an analog stick to the side...

Those familiar with FPS games don't find them hard at all.
With all the crazy assists you see on the HD consoles these days, they are a breeze. Even more so on PC with KB+mouse.

Sounds like guy is trying to hype up his project.

o_O.Q said:
yeah... turning your whole body around is easier than simply holding an analog stick to the side...

Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick. I like the idea myself. The difference to the wiimote is obvious. There you turn around by sitting still and pushing the screen with a shift of the hand to the left or right. Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better, though more tiring. So the option to sit and play using the sticks is required. Might work really well.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:
o_O.Q said:

Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick. I like the idea myself. The difference to the wiimote is obvious. There you turn around by sitting still and pushing the screen with a shift of the hand to the left or right. Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better, though more tiring. So the option to sit and play using the sticks is required. Might work really well.

"Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick."

really? how many games force you to turn your body to change your viewpoint in game at this point in time?

"Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better"

why?