By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U makes shooters easier to control

I've been playing the gyroscope shooting controls of Wii Play Motion these last days and they work fine. They are easier to use for inexperienced users, but they didn't feel as twitch based as the IR was, though with practice you can only get getter. It's easier (and faster) to turn, since you don't hold the pointer off centered - it turns as you swing your arm.

Playing this game confirmed that the future tablet will be an interesting control to use, but a combination of gyro and IR is best, IR accuracy for your front TV view and gyro for the offscreen aiming.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I am waiting what gerbox has to offer with Aliens : Colonial Marines, especially if they adapt the gameplay to the controller (motion tracker FTW).

When I see From Dust, I am more than skeptical about Ubi's ability to produce a good game.

TheEvilBanana said:

is so fast I can turn around twice without even trying...

Which is the same thing as not turning at all. :)

Ubisoft: Wii U makes shovelware and quick cash-in ports easier to develop.

This sounds 'pretty cool' and everything but i think it'll just be another overhyped gimmick. There's no way I'm gonna stand on the spot and spinning around all over the place.

It's not as intuitive as you think, because when you actually turn IRL, your head gets to its destination before the direction of your body does, and thus you still have a lot of compensation to do in this Wii U scenario. Not to mention the underutilization of your fancy $1000 LED tv.

Around the Network

This could go both ways, I gotta see if Ubisoft is going to give us that Red Steel fiasco again. Got the right direction on the first try, but bad execution. then by the time they got it right, us gamers won't even bother with it anymore...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I agree with people here about the lack of a a pointer being a gross deficiency in the design of the Wii U controller, BUT I think a lot of you are neglecting the fact that the pop genres are changing right now, and have been ever since Gears of War.

The FPS is oversaturated, the TPS is growing much much stronger, so with that in context, the Wii U controller is infinitely more user friendly.

Scenario -
Keep it on your lap, control stick movement with one hand, while the other hand controls weapons/item selection and tap screen shooting. This idea that it would be difficult to remember button placement, and consequently force neck strain, is ridiculous.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

If you wanna try out that control scheme get RAGE for iphone or ipad. It's pretty much the same thing...