By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U makes shooters easier to control

teigaga said:
bazmeistergen said:
o_O.Q said:
yeah... turning your whole body around is easier than simply holding an analog stick to the side...

Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick. I like the idea myself. The difference to the wiimote is obvious. There you turn around by sitting still and pushing the screen with a shift of the hand to the left or right. Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better, though more tiring. So the option to sit and play using the sticks is required. Might work really well

So tilting your entire body to the left is  more intuitive, responsive and accurate than tilting your thumb to the left?

Yes. For most people. Very few people use a joystick to move their bodies. A few in wheelchairs might, but other than that, yes more intuitive, more accurate, more responsive.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
bazmeistergen said:
o_O.Q said:
yeah... turning your whole body around is easier than simply holding an analog stick to the side...

Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick. I like the idea myself. The difference to the wiimote is obvious. There you turn around by sitting still and pushing the screen with a shift of the hand to the left or right. Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better, though more tiring. So the option to sit and play using the sticks is required. Might work really well.

"Well it is for most people. Most people turn around by turning around not by pressing a stick."

really? how many games force you to turn your body to change your viewpoint in game at this point in time?

"Turning your whole body because your extra screen is attached to your wii zapper is clearly going to be better"

why?

A couple. Zelda OoT for starters and it works really well.

It will be better to move your entire body to control the pointer because it will be more realistic and more fun in my opinion. I think it's a great idea. I wouldn't play every game like that, but it is nice to have the choice.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Xen said:
Those familiar with FPS games don't find them hard at all.
With all the crazy assists you see on the HD consoles these days, they are a breeze. Even more so on PC with KB+mouse.

Sounds like guy is trying to hype up his project.

Or someone excited for a feature without considering the practicality of it (which has been a problem in a lot of bad gaming tech since before the Power Glove).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If only these fucktards would just realize that kbo and mouse are even easier to control and we've been going backwards with FPS on consoles for awhile now.......

Looks like my thread may become reality
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=131635&page=0#
My thread is better of course, even have a solution for the gamers wanna sit and dont wanna turn their entire body(siimilar to OOT3d)

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
...and if you turn around by 180° repeatedly without changing the direction of your halfspins you'll be dizzy in no time making the game actually harder to control. Not to mention that this requires to play the game on the controller screen instead of the TV which means you will have to stand up instead of sitting on the couch.

Man, I wish I liked booze AND could drink at work.

This is where my thread comes in to play (See above post)

XD

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

NYANKS said:
I just...can't take anything these devs say seriously until I see results. This stuff seems reminiscent of the speak before the Wii came out. This sounds good, let's hope it translates into good stuff.

Have faith. This is the company that made Red Steel. I am sure they will do good thigns with this.

I know I can't judge it till I've tried it, but that first picture just makes it look stupid to me. I'm perfectly fine with dual joysticks next gen.

Marks said:
I know I can't judge it till I've tried it, but that first picture just makes it look stupid to me. I'm perfectly fine with dual joysticks next gen.

Don't fear change, just wait for it to prove itself

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ahh Ubisoft - they never change:

First they make shitty at most average game
Then that game fails to sell as much as they expected
Ubi blames bad sales on game being too difficult
They go and look for ways to dumb next part even further.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB