By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U makes shooters easier to control

I've tried this kind of gameplay with NOVA 2 on the iPad 2. It takes a little getting used to, of course, but it does work and it is fun. There are a couple drawbacks compared with Wii pointer controls:

1. Holding a tablet is nowhere near as satisfying as holding a pistol-like wiimote. Pointing and squeezing a trigger is just more fun than holding a window. Use of a zapper attachment may address this issue.

2. Can't play while sitting. Playing while standing can be fun and immersive, but sooner or later, we all want to succumb to Butt Parkinson's disease and take a seat, and it would be nice if it didn't degrade our game experience too much when we do.

I also got the feeling that the experience could have been better if more time and/or money had been spent polishing the gyroscope controls with smoothing algorithms. Look forward to trying this kind of gameplay out with more purposefully built hardware and software.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
Marks said:
I know I can't judge it till I've tried it, but that first picture just makes it look stupid to me. I'm perfectly fine with dual joysticks next gen.

Don't fear change, just wait for it to prove itself

I'll try and go in with an open mind :)

Nothing beats the good ol Mouse&Keyboard combo :)

That sounds really awkward way to play

I wonder if it's because of the sliders analog sticks.

I'm not really sure sure turning my body 180 degrees would be easier than moving my thumb a half inch...

Around the Network
teigaga said:
I'll wait for results, they said the same thing about the wii and we got redsteel -__-

And we got Metriods Corruption and The Conduit which showed how it's done.

TheEvilBanana said:
I'm not really sure sure turning my body 180 degrees would be easier than moving my thumb a half inch...

Not easyier as in effort. Easier as in more natural.

Aquietguy said:
teigaga said:
I'll wait for results, they said the same thing about the wii and we got redsteel -__-

And we got Metriods Corruption and The Conduit which showed how it's done.

IMO, those games proved the concept.

The Wiimote is a beautiful weapon.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

TheEvilBanana said:

oh you mean turn thumb half inch wait ten seconds to turn 180 degrees get shot in head while turning type thing? yeah ill take the turning my body over that any day.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

scorptile said:
TheEvilBanana said:

oh you mean turn thumb half inch wait ten seconds to turn 180 degrees get shot in head while turning type thing? yeah ill take the turning my body over that any day.

Mmmm, try setting your sensitivity off default and to Insane or 10 or whatever the games highest setting is...

Hell, on COD the 10 speed setting is so fast I can turn around twice without even trying...