By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you could only have played 3 Nintendo DS games, what would they be?

dahuman said:

The World Ends with You, Ghost Trick, and M&L: Bowser's Inside Story.

can't agree with this list anymore. Get those 3 games at some point. They are all classics.

Around the Network

The World Ends With You, Dragon Quest V, and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor are three games I would recommend to anyone.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

M&L Bowser's Inside Story, NSMB and it's just too hard (for the good reasons) to name a third one :P

FF IV
FF III
4 Heroes of Light

The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007, Advance Wars 2. the list goes on my friend...3 games are definitely not enough

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
There's a lot of "must play" games on the DS, it's probably the best software library after the SNES library, but here are my top 3 preferences:

1) Dragon Quest V - The Best DQ game ever made and my personal favourite video game story ever. I had played it before (rom emulation with translation patch), but this version is much more polished with some good bonus content added to it.

2) Pokemon Black&White - The best Pokemon games after the original Gold/Silver/Crystal from the GBC. The new battle look is pretty stylish and the new battle mechanics are also very good additions to the series. Plus it's the first pokemon game to have some sort of plot.

3) Dragon Quest IX - Not the best DQ game out there, mainly to the lack of an actual good plot in detriment of a massive focus on gameplay. The game itself is pretty massive and will last you over 200 hours, at least. The most complete DQ game out there and one of the best RPG's of this generation.

What do you thnk of Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold?

The World Ends With You

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Final Fantasy IV

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Pokemon Black/White
Dragon Quest IX
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

AdventWolf said:
lestatdark said:
There's a lot of "must play" games on the DS, it's probably the best software library after the SNES library, but here are my top 3 preferences:

1) Dragon Quest V - The Best DQ game ever made and my personal favourite video game story ever. I had played it before (rom emulation with translation patch), but this version is much more polished with some good bonus content added to it.

2) Pokemon Black&White - The best Pokemon games after the original Gold/Silver/Crystal from the GBC. The new battle look is pretty stylish and the new battle mechanics are also very good additions to the series. Plus it's the first pokemon game to have some sort of plot.

3) Dragon Quest IX - Not the best DQ game out there, mainly to the lack of an actual good plot in detriment of a massive focus on gameplay. The game itself is pretty massive and will last you over 200 hours, at least. The most complete DQ game out there and one of the best RPG's of this generation.

They were good remakes, though I was a bit let down with the removal of some features that were in place on the previous Gen 4 releases (I was a big fan of the Poketch and the underworld) and the pokewalker was a bit underwhelming because you had to have a lot of free time to take the necessary amount of steps to get anything worthwhile.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
AdventWolf said:
lestatdark said:

They were good remakes, though I was a bit let down with the removal of some features that were in place on the previous Gen 4 releases (I was a big fan of the Poketch and the underworld) and the pokewalker was a bit underwhelming because you had to have a lot of free time to take the necessary amount of steps to get anything worthwhile.

Since I haven't followed Pokemon past part of the 2nd generation, I am weary of the new ones. I've only played up to FireRed so with HeartGold/SoulSilver I would still see a majority of the originals right?

Also,  which one of the Zelda games should I get first? Damn there is too much to choose from. >_<