By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

Areym said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Areym said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Areym said:
got banned for calling kirby's epic yarn gay, using the "f" word...That's all I got :/

are you sure thats all that happened? so your telling me if i call halo3 a game i really hate gay i'll get banned?

Pretty much. I called kirby's epic yarn a pretty "f"ggy game and boom suspended or banned or wahtever. I'm guessing it's because the "f" gay word is used as a deragatory term for a certain group of people or whatever. I'm pretty sure I didn't verbly attacl anybody but teh game itself.

worst ban ever. well if kirby epic yarn was fuck'n gay then thats wht it was. a mod can't ban you for your opinion about a game thats just stupid. i'm shocked the ban wasn't overturned. 

I thought so too but I was fairly new to this site so I didn't know what the heck had happened. Anywho, it was just for 3 days so it didn't hit me too hard. I learned my lesson though haha :D

@Rol, well put. Still my opinion was pointed towards the game, not a poster, so I assume it was alright, nobody would get too crazy about it, but goddamn was I wrong. I really didn't mean to say gay is bad or awful, I just use to describing certain situations and/or things as gay. It's a mistake I won't make again, that's for sure.

lol

well in hindsight it was a bad bann cause you referrenced noone in it. banned for an object that has no feelings, race, or gender hmm! the plot thickens?

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

thats a whole nother topic.

its still an unjest ban. calling a game a name has no barring on a group of people who may be called said names. 

So if you say that a game is gay,and you mean it in a bad way,doesn't that mean that you insinuate being gay is a bad thing?

Mordred11 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

its still an unjest ban. calling a game a name has no barring on a group of people who may be called said names. 

So if you say that a game is gay,and you mean it in a bad way,doesn't that mean that you insinuate being gay is a bad thing?

nope, but i understand that others and mod's may fill differently which i can't help.

any word can be used to insult like if i said Halo is a girl/woman and mean it as its an inferiorgame does that mean i should be banned for i'm likely calling women inferior cause under the surface i'm calling girl's/women a name, or if i call Halo a cunt, does that mean i should be banned becuase women have one and they may be hurt by me using that word in that context?

wht about cigarettes? can i say anyone that smokes is a dum ass? i mean i'm talking abut a group of people right? does that constitute a ban?

now i'm calling Kane & Lynch dog days which is a game that sucks a cigarette does that mean i should get banned because the commen consisnces is that people that smoke are stupid/dum ass? god i hope not cause that would be stupid.

hel i likely wounldn't comeback. gett ride of the bad seed that dares call Kane & Lynch a cigarette.

shouldn't be banned or warrned cause i'm refurring to nonone.

STEKSTAV said:
I was banned once.. check my sig.

Kinda shows how this site works.

really? banned for being Annoing? thats low. now wht is my intent when i'm using the word low? does it mean stupid, dum, gay, or just wht it means? can anyone tell me wht i'm thinking when i use the word low?

Mordred11 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

That is true, but I personally don't view gay as a bad thing. Again, I could have worded myself better, but really I just meant the game itself is just girly and way too pink and delicate looking and it just looked like hello kitty through up all over it, in my opinion.  I don't wanna say the mod was being sensitive. It was pretty much like saying, "oh that movie? yeah it was pretty gay." Thinking on it now, I think a warning would have been more prudent, then again I never read the rules so i don't really know what is and isn't tolerated, other then trolling, personal attack, blah blah.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Mine was just a few days ago for too long of a sig so I had to shorten it.

spurgeonryan said:
Allfreedom99 said:

I am guessing those 8 games were in your sig?

Yes and in addition I had a pic from the Skyrim game at the top saying it was at the top of my purchase list. I just removed that. I would hope that my sig is to standards now see as how some user sigs are at my length or longer.

The strange thing was is I have had that sig for over 2 months without getting a warning then I got a moderator message stating my sig was too long and at the bottom it said:

banned: 1 day

EDIT: I just looked at my Mod history. I must have missed the mod message I got in July warning me to reduce my sig size. Well now I know I guess.

Areym said:
Mordred11 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

That is true, but I personally don't view gay as a bad thing. Again, I could have worded myself better, but really I just meant the game itself is just girly and way too pink and delicate looking and it just looked like hello kitty through up all over it, in my opinion.  I don't wanna say the mod was being sensitive. It was pretty much like saying, "oh that movie? yeah it was pretty gay." Thinking on it now, I think a warning would have been more prudent, then again I never read the rules so i don't really know what is and isn't tolerated, other then trolling, personal attack, blah blah.

Rules! wht rules? i've been around VGC since 2007, and a memeber for a yr and the only rules i know about are no trolling, flaming, or calling someone a fanboy.

i haven't read the rules either(as i'm sure most haven't)but your situation was just crazy.

Allfreedom99 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Allfreedom99 said:

I am guessing those 8 games were in your sig?

Yes and in addition I had a pic from the Skyrim game at the top saying it was at the top of my purchase list. I just removed that. I would hope that my sig is to standards now see as how some user sigs are at my length or longer.

The strange thing was is I have had that sig for over 2 months without getting a warning then I got a moderator message stating my sig was too long and at the bottom it said:

banned: 1 day

EDIT: I just looked at my Mod history. I must have missed the mod message I got in July warning me to reduce my sig size. Well now I know I guess.

are you the same guy i just resently told his sig was to long?

hey mod's if your listennig we may need a notification system for getting warnnings as many posters seem to miss there warnnings.

First off, I would like to thank Mr Ryan Spurgeon for inviting me to share the hardship and trials I delt with in my last Ban.

Segaforlife didn't like me making a big sig that tried to spread hope and peace with blue skies on the horizon. I challenged the dude to a mixed martial arts fight to allow me to keep the big sig.I am a Brazilian jujitsu black belt and Kick Boxing Brown Belt. Sega is known for his wrestling and good ground and pound game.Though Sega is a true pacifist at heart, so instead he decided to ban me for a day  to avoid bloodshed.

In truth, I made a big sig to spread my message of peace. He banned me. Someone decided to unban me early. All is good in the vgchartz nation.