By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

Signalstar said:
One of the mods may have banned me as a joke at some point. I don't really remember. I don't post enough to get in trouble and when I am about to post something potentially ban-worthy I leave the thread without posting.

Omg we are total forum soulmates then!! lol

I've only ever had one warning and no bans. I'm proud of my warning because I really liked that insult. lol

I wonder if I ever got reported by someone...

Around the Network
PDF said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

makes you wonder how many posters from the past ioi and the mod team had to or had hell taking down. i'm sure it wasn't much of a struggle.

section 8 worked from another site to eat at the core of VGC, and in a forum on the site that no one knew exsisted.

VGC has had some intelegently crafty people on the site. in away it sounds epic, awsume, and crazy! i wonder how many people miss those days?

i'm sure the site had mosr traffic then it new wht to deal with.

Our intentions were never to eat at the core of VGC.  We all loved VGC and saw it as the main place to go.  Section 8 was just a club but VGC was the school.  Elitist of us? yes, but thats what all humans like to do.  Find those they enjoy hanging out with the most and get rid of those you dont enjoy as much.   People like to gossip and thats what we basically did. (understandable/didn't mean it in a bad way)

I see ioi point and those members who thought it was a good idea to broadcast section 8 in their tags to show off the elitism if nothing i was never for and was gone on a highschool basketball trip at that time.   It is wrong to broadcast another site on this site.  It was poor form.   I also admit wrong doing in the little hackings we did. 

There were really smart people who knew how to exploit many things on the site.  I enjoyed them teaching me as I wasnt smart enough to even think about what others learned how to do.   VGC has much better security now and has gotten rid of the old exploits i knew about.

(well thats one thing i love abou this site. i'm no genious but i know alot and wht i don't know is available to me just one click away.)

I may be outing a few if it still exist but I will be suprised it if still does but after we got rid of section 8(seperate website forum).  We made a new forum once again(it was our kind of, ha you cant tell us what to do on the internet) and did the same thing but in much smaller volume and kept it much more secret and we restrained from talking about vgchartz except for when the site would temporarily go down or was a update.  That forum existed for some time but never really had the life the others did.  If I could remember how to get there I would, maybe an old member will see this and give me a link :) (i still find this faction very interesting, besides there nothing wrong with alittle promoting the site.)

edit: oh and i once got warned for trolling and when asked what post it was for.  I never got a response. (Machina. i'm sure if you ask him now he could tell ya. thats one of my go to's)

killeryoshis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
killeryoshis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
killeryoshis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
killeryoshis said:
I got banned about 5 times.

3 times because I bumped a old thread. That was mostly back when I didn't even know what necro posting is. I got banned twice for losing a bet

wht bet did you lose and why did you get banned for losing the bet.

I had a bet for some contest. I thought I was going to lose but I won. So I got banned

ok that sounds strange. you thought you lost and got banned for winning?

Yes I was mad at myself that day

so you banned yourself.? ok i think i can understand that. you didn't do anything to get banned right? 

Nope  just lost a bet

ok. lost a bet that you won and got banned.

your sig is funny and i'll be watching you preditcions.

I almost got banned for saying that the Falklands were British.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Why would that be bannable? Please, explain.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Zexen the Argentinian mod, if i had to take a stab at it...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

zexen_low got offended.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Carl2291 said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

zexen_low got offended

Nailed it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Carl2291 said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

zexen_low got offended.

Sounds delightful..!

OP needs to learn a few facts about VGChartz

1. VGChartz is a huge site with a low moderator:poster ratio, meaning that the moderators don't know most of the people they're called to deal with (even if they have over 1000 posts) and that they don't have much time to investigate the situation they're supposed to moderate. Confounding this is the fact that VGChartz is full of schoolchildren and people who act like it's 10 years ago, back when the internet was SRS BSNS and no-one was able to tell what was a joke and what was serious (and always assumed the latter, no matter how obvious the satire or sarcasm were) . Most of the time, mods are called to intervene in arguments between people they don't know and spend a few seconds skimming the last few posts, making a snap decision without any knowledge of the context. It's easier to do this and pacify the whiners than it is to spend time coming to an informed decision.

2. Following from point one, there are great advantages to be gained from becoming a prominent poster with tens of thousands of posts. In this case, moderators will usually take your side in an argument unless they have a specific grudge against you, even when it is obvious to an outside observer that you are the one in the wrong. A high post count means that you're a more valuable member, after all.

3. Also following from point one, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If someone is beating you in an argument, be sure to report some dubious complaint to a moderator before one of your posts gets reported. The more you bitch and whine, the more likely it is that the person you're arguing with will get banned!*

*Just remember point two. This "squeaky wheel" thing doesn't work when the person you're reporting someone who is well-known and doesn't have an especially bad reputation. In these cases, squeaking will make the situation worse because you'll be seen as a trouble maker and an "uppity" newcomer.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

How frightful. The Falklands are British and have been since before Argentina existed.

Unfortunately, the remnants of fascist propaganda and lies still exist in the Argentinian education system, and they believe that they have some kind of divine right to the islands just because they're nearby.

Of course, if the Argentinians wish to take back a few small, rocky islands full of English speaking Brits, they are  welcome to try. The last time they did, they were humiliated and their government collapsed.

BTW, does any system exist to bring moderators to account for such blatant abuses of power? And if there is, does it actually work? Or do the people at the top just stick together (like in real life)? It seems absurd that moderator could get away with using their powers to ban or bully people who don't agree with their political opinions or who state facts that the moderators wish were not true.