By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Iwata takes 50% Salary Cut due to 3DS

kowenicki said:

I couldnt care less if he takes a cut or not.  What I am saying is that it is an empty gesture that means nothing to anyone. 

Then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The gesture may be meaningless to you but it may mean something to others.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Galaki said:
kowenicki said:

I couldnt care less if he takes a cut or not.  What I am saying is that it is an empty gesture that means nothing to anyone. 

Then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The gesture may be meaningless to you but it may mean something to others.

and your point on western ceo's?  what about my view of nintendo?

Western CEO pay is messed up, IMO. I don't think I need to explain further on that. (That's by no mean all CEO are like that)

They get paid huge bonuses while the people below them lose jobs.

As for Nintendo, they messed up somewhere along the line. Most likely due to overwhelming success with the DS and before-dead-Wii. They try too hard to please 3rd parties that wanted them dead. They forgot to please their customers. Starting with the 3DS pricecut, I see it as them starting to please both 3rd parties and the customers. The execs taking paycut is just captain going with the ship, to me. Captain go down with the ship if it sinks. I completely agree with you on the technology part. Nintendo is slow to catch on in many areas. (Give me skype. Give me youtube.)

The damage is done. The 3DS is gonna have a bit of a hard time getting back on its' feet.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I agree that the cut in salary doesn't mean much financially for the company.
I believe it's supposed to be a nice gesture that makes the few people who hear about it think they're nice, non-money-grubbing guys.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Why exactly should people who liked Gamecube be excited over Wii U? I haven't really been following it so I'd really like to know. I love Gamecube and was pretty disappointed with the Wii. I thought the Wii U still used the Wiimote?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DitchPlaya said:
Hilarious stuff, MS and Sony broke their backs trying to put out a quality system that didnt rely on gimmicks to sell. Its finally paying off, Nintendo cant steal sales from where they deserve to be.

The Wii didn't sell because of gimmicks. Sony proved this with the Move.

The wii sold because of the controller, if they wouldnt have the wii mote the wii would have performed like a gamecube or even worst.     And because Sony/M$ want some part of that cake they are having their motion controllers.   And that is why the PS3 is outselling the other 2 consoles right now, specially in europe.   

Heavenly_King said:
RolStoppable said:
DitchPlaya said:
Hilarious stuff, MS and Sony broke their backs trying to put out a quality system that didnt rely on gimmicks to sell. Its finally paying off, Nintendo cant steal sales from where they deserve to be.

The Wii didn't sell because of gimmicks. Sony proved this with the Move.

The wii sold because of the controller, if they wouldnt have the wii mote the wii would have performed like a gamecube or even worst.     And because Sony/M$ want some part of that cake they are having their motion controllers.   And that is why the PS3 is outselling the other 2 consoles right now, specially in europe.   

No, the Wii sold because of WiiSports that showcase motion control. It made use of the Wiimote. The Wiimote itself is useless without application. This is why we always say, games sell consoles.

I don't know if I whould have did that, but I would make better judgements the next go around to make sure that I actually have good games before a launch. I still think that Nintendo has rushed the 3DS trying to compete with Apple.