By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS super price cut coming

At first I was like: O_O

The when I wrapped my head around the size of the cut I was like: >:(

Then I saw the list of games for early adaptors and I was like: :)

Around the Network

Nintendo has finally realized that they can't rob consumers with outdated hardware so easily, which is nice.
I may have a 3DS sooner than later.

Wow. Thank God I sold mine a few weeks ago for $200!

Also, isn't $150 less than the current DSi/DSi XL price?? And how do you qualify for these 20 free games and are they limited to the eShop/3DS Warez or are they full retail games?

ok now I get it. this was the reason for the delay of super pokemon rumble in japan! super pokemon rumble + 15,000 yen 3ds = overkill.

poor 3DS...

cut price even faster then home consoles

Around the Network

Looks like a win/win for Nintendo consumers. The early adopters will get their 20 free games and everyone else gets a chance to pick it up for almost $100 cheaper. They didn't even have to do anything for the early adopters but Nintendo knows customer service. It will be interesting to see how the sales improve after this. Still waiting on Mario Kart to be released before wanting the 3DS. Nintendo should release Mario Kart before black Friday in USA. That would ensure even more sales.

The free games aren't worth it, I'm waiting for one price cut at least. I don't suppose the price will go any lower for many years lol.

HokageTenshi said:

poor 3DS...

Just by a little bit. It was first released in Feb.(Japan) and now the price cut will happen in August. Sony originally slashed the PS3's price by $100 in July 2007 (Release Nov. 2006). 7 months vs. 9 months

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

RolStoppable said:
smbu2000 said:
HokageTenshi said:

poor 3DS...

Just by a little bit. It was first released in Feb.(Japan) and now the price cut will happen in August. Sony originally slashed the PS3's price by $100 in July 2007 (Release Nov. 2006). 7 months vs. 9 months

Microsoft still holds the record and will probably do so forever. In Europe, the Xbox received its first official price cut after only three weeks: down to €299 from €479.

Wow, that is really fast! Even faster than Apple dropping the price of the Iphone 1 by $200 (from $599) after 10 weeks on sale!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
HokageTenshi said:

poor 3DS...

what i mean was even older console like PS3 & Xbox360 haven't starts another price slash yet, and this newer 3DS already did, and the worst is even PSP haven't even starts anothe price slash in JP yet...