By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS super price cut coming

Man now I feel kind of-twenty free games?

All right

Fine

Around the Network

I just found this... 

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/...

$169.99

Free games... And...

Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar for Nintendo 3DS is a Who's Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

RolStoppable said:

Oh my, I hope they don't really call Mario Kart 3DS "Mario Kart 7".

Mario Kart: Fly and Dive

Zlejedi said:
Conegamer said:
So...is this short-term or long-term?

The reason is obvious- they had the margin in hand and used it to get the money, now they're cutting the price so it's 1/2 that of the Vita to steal the sales, and Sony can't compete. With a year of games as well, the 3DS seems like a must-buy for most over the Vita...

LOL what games?

Ports and remakes of what we played on other consoles?

So far there's not even one unique title on 3DS that could be considered system seller.

Starfox, Super Mario Land, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart will be launched before the years end.

My God! I couldn't believe when I first read this news. This console has been a failure of epic proportions, absolutely no one saw this coming when Nintendo unveiled it for first time. This is a Gamecube-esque debacle but worst considering its context.

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz said:
My God! I couldn't believe when I first read this news. This console has been a failure of epic proportions, absolutely no one saw this coming when Nintendo unveiled for first time. This is a Gamecube-esque debacle but worst considering its context.

I think you've been mistaken the PSPGo row for 3DS.

Galaki said:
Bruno Muñoz said:
My God! I couldn't believe when I first read this news. This console has been a failure of epic proportions, absolutely no one saw this coming when Nintendo unveiled for first time. This is a Gamecube-esque debacle but worst considering its context.

I think you've been mistaken the PSPGo row for 3DS.

lol yeah lets not forget the epic fail that was the PSPgo. Although the 3ds is rubbish too and I really hope the vita makes a show of it when it releases.

z101 said:
Zlejedi said:
Conegamer said:
So...is this short-term or long-term?

The reason is obvious- they had the margin in hand and used it to get the money, now they're cutting the price so it's 1/2 that of the Vita to steal the sales, and Sony can't compete. With a year of games as well, the 3DS seems like a must-buy for most over the Vita...

LOL what games?

Ports and remakes of what we played on other consoles?

So far there's not even one unique title on 3DS that could be considered system seller.

Starfox, Super Mario Land, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart will be launched before the years end.

kid icarus and Starfox (remake) will not be system sellers.

Bruno Muñoz said:

My God! I couldn't believe when I first read this news. This console has been a failure of epic proportions, absolutely no one saw this coming when Nintendo unveiled it for first time. This is a Gamecube-esque debacle but worst considering its context.

3DS is a failure more than GC, since no one expected sucess from Nintendo at the time. But it will probably succeed now, with Mario Kart alone and the new price it will sell well during the holidays, the marketing in the UK is becoming more agressive and even if the profits will shrink, still it can recover in the future. So at the end it could be an initial-only failure.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

http://youtu.be/Z-FPimCmbX8

Thanks for paying for full price suckers, I mean early adopters.

Ah who am I kidding, I'm getting a 3DS brand new and much less than you Americans now thanks to a higher Australian dollar when I import! 

SUCKERS!