By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS super price cut coming

Yikes. 3DS went from very expensive to really cheap. Sounds like I won't have to wait as long for one as I had initially thought.
That 20 games deal actually makes me think about getting it before the pricecut. >_>

Around the Network

Cool, yay me @ waiting

I'm pretty sure if Vita was expensive the pricecut wouldn't have been so big though.

Now Nintendo, MARKET IT!! Make a large marketing campaing and make it different than DS

$170.00 starting August 12th in NA. Lol. Just goes to show how much they were price gouging their fans.

Too bad Nintendo. Your software still sucks. So i'm still not purchasing it. I'm not buying remakes of games I already have.

Twenty free games. I'd felt so bitter at first, but this makes it somewhat digestible.

So if you buy a used 3DS at a good price you will still get the 20 free games. Hurry before they take them down at the online shops lol.

I would do that if I wasn't living where I live.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Why buy now, another 6months and it might be free :D

Griffin said:
Why buy now, another 6months and it might be free :D

Why wait 6 months when you could wait 12 and they'll give $100 on top?

the main problem with the 3ds, is that nintendo failed with the marketing of the device. nintendo market the device as another upgrade to the DS, so DS owners see the add and go "nah already have the DS" They should have called the 3ds the gameboy and that would have solved the problem.

the same is happening with the WiiU. It looks too familiar to the wii and looks more like an upgrade for the wii itself.

RolStoppable said:

Microsoft still holds the record and will probably do so forever. In Europe, the Xbox received its first official price cut after only three weeks: down to €299 from €479.

The GC beat it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1943247.stm

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

RolStoppable said:
Immortal said:
RolStoppable said:

Microsoft still holds the record and will probably do so forever. In Europe, the Xbox received its first official price cut after only three weeks: down to €299 from €479.

The GC beat it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1943247.stm

Yeah, I knew about the pre-emptive price cut the Gamecube received, but nobody got hurt, so why count it? Especially when the context of the conversation was about price cuts after launch.

This wasn't about hurting early adopters. The original quoted person was mainly implying that the 3DS's ill-performance was unprecedented if you judge it by how early a price cut occurs. I think that my GC example is very relevant in this context.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx