By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Top 5 Anime Of All-Time.

Hey EveryBody.

I am going to be naming my Top 5 anime's of all-time to this date.

Feel free to make your own top 5 animes if you dont agree with my list.  :)

Ok so my Top 5 anime's of all-time are...

5.  <(to aru majutsu no index)

4.<(Full Metal Alchemist)

3. <(Death Note)

2.<(Neon Genesis Evangelion)

1.<(Cowboy Bebop)

Thats it. Do yall agree with some of the anime's i listed...   :)

Around the Network

1 Crayon Shin Chan
2 Doraemon
3 Lupin III
4 Great Teacher Onizuka: GTO
5 Durarara!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@Pezus, you like tragic stories, don't you?
MY PERSONAL TOP 5:
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Code Geass
3. Digimon
4. Naruto
5. Bleach
NOTE: I haven't yet seen Fairy Tale, One Piece, Cow Boy Be Bop, Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood or not) and some other highly acclaimed animes. Now out of those I HAVE SEEN, if I were in charge of a 'Best of all time awards', then I'd award theem like this:
1. Code Geass
2. Naruto
3. Deathnote
5. Dragonball Z
I'm guessing that after I watch them, FMA:Brotherhood and One Piece would push deathnote down two spots, but honestly, I think the number 5 spot MUST be reserved for DBZ. For all its shortcomings, it still definitely deserves the title of one of the greatest animes of all time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

1. Durarara!
2. Baccano!
3. Ghost in the Shell SAC
4. Code Geass
5. Can't actually decide on number 5. Probably a toss up between Gintama, Index and Hitman Reborn....though I'm currently watching Beelzebub and loving it so maybe that. Also if Brains Base make another show like Durarara or Baccano then most likely that will push some down.

BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
Code Geass
FMA: Brotherhood
Baccanno!
Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann

Honourable mentions: FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, Hajime No Ippo, Soul Eater, Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gungrave and probably 20 more.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

1a. Code Geass + R2
1b. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
1c. Clannad + After Story
4. Angel Beats!
5. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

It's really hard to put any of those top 3 anime in any order, can't really decide because they're so awesome. I finish watching Ano Hi Mita and it still fresh in my mind, so it made to the 5th slot. Other notable mentions are Kanon, Bakemonogatari, Kara no Kyoukai, Ga-Rei Zero, Nodame Cantabile, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier, Summer Wars, Fate/Stay Night and... can't remember any more off the top of my head, these are some great anime that I enjoy watching.

1. Dragonball Z
2. Naruto/Naruto Shippudden
3. Bleach
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Ranma 1/2

I guess this is my top 5...but i really cant even remember half the anime ive watched, so yeah subject to change :P

1. Naruto

Yeah yeah yeah lots of filler, time wasting etc. I stil think episodes 0-140 of the original Naruto is so well done its unbelievable. Its my kinda anime, interesting story, interesting characters, not a complete focus on one or two particular characters, action scenes and fight scenes done well doesn't just rely on a power level :P, animation was really good at the time (stil is imo), pacing was great never let up! Some bad points, filler, too many flashbacks at times, cheesy as hell (although this was one of my first anime so wasn't really cheesy for me).

2. Naruto Shippuuden

Meh this is just here by default because im such a big Naruto fan, really doesn't come close to the original series. Animation quality varies, they don't really follow the manga accurately, time wasting has become insane lately, flashbacks and filler are always ten episodes away. Too much focus on two or three characters...however most of the good points from the original series is stil there just more rare and becoming even more rare as the series progresses.

3. Kekkaishi

The only real problem i have with this series is that it ended at 52 episodes! Very funny, interesting story, good animation, good fight scenes, again my kinda anime :)

4. Dragonballz

This was something i grew up with and at the time i really really loved it.

5. Fairy Tale / One piece / Bleach /

I dont really place these in my top animes but i liked them for the most part. Bleach started out really good but got killed with filler and the story just went to shit imo. One piece i found to get boring at times but really funny :). Fairy tale is pretty new and also gets boring at times, im stil undecided on this as a favourite of mine yet.

Hmmmm i also really enjoyed Gintama :D the most funniest anime ive watched but mostly a pointless anime lol

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

1. Monster
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Death Note
5. Shin Chan

Those are pretty much the only animes I enjoyed.

I've seen more anime movies than shows, so I'll do a top 5 for both:

Top 5 anime shows:

1: DBZ
2: Cowboy Bebop
3: Pokemon
4: Sailor Moon (yes, I watched it when it first came to US television. Shut up)
5: Aeon Flux (not really Anime per say, but its what helped me get into alot of other anime style shows and movies in the mid 90's)

Top 5 Anime movies:

1: Unico (thumbs up to anyone who saw this as a kid!)
2: Galaxy Express 999
3: Akira
4: Venus Wars
5: Spirited Away
-Honorable mention to Ghost in the Shell.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.