By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do developers act like Nintendo fans are obligated to buy their shitty games?

But last gen the PS2's hardware wasnt that far behinde XBox,at least not to the point where the PS2 couldnt even run most of the games available on Xbox.The devs moved on to more powerful hardware, Ninty decided not too. Makes it a bit hard to get the games on HD when the required hardware is not available. It sucks, but hey, thats why your allowed to get more than one system

Around the Network

People should stop lying to themselves.
The games they praise in Wii and say are great but didn't sell well aren't great, many of those games are sholware for HD consoles.
The only over average games could be Capcom's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Monster Hunter Tri that seem to have as much efford as their HD games.

""You must treat the customer like they are stupid.""

This is the attitude most of the entertainment industry has. You shouldn't be surprised.

Mr Khan said:
Dante9 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
BoneArk said:
Because Nintendo fans bought a "cheap" console they think that they don't have to make anything good for it.

or maybe its cheaper because of its specification??

and maybe sometimes hardware power actually matters? maybe sometimes decent memory and a GPU is required to show a killcam? 

I dont know though, im not pro. Ive herd a lot of people say hardware doesnt matter, all games should be equal so i guess im in the minority so im wrong.

maybe rockstar are just being douchebags for not making GTAIV and RDR for wii....surely it has enough power.

The problem seems to be just that, Wii owners are expecting games that are on par with those of the HD twins in terms of hardware power. The other thing is that out of the 90 million consoles sold, the majority were bought as a fad for the family or for drunken entertainment, mostly to run quick and easy dance and party games. That's why the needs of the serious gaming minority were never met, no matter how much they deserved it or not. I personally know people who bought the Wii as a spur of the moment thing and have yet to unbox them. You don't buy the more expensive consoles by accident and you don't buy them just  to run party games once every blue moon and that's why developers feel secure to go all out with them.

The only reason that argument works is because third party developers have made it true by refusing to develop serious games and thus making the market believe serious games can't thrive there, when in fact they can, when they're actually made (Monster Hunter is a sight more serious than any of the shooty shooty gun stuff that seems to pass for hardcore these days, and it did rather well for its franchise), but instead they make these incredibly niche games or test games, and use the inevitable failure of such games as an excuse to not make serious games

Ive had this argument before so all im going to ask you is 2 questions.

1) are you saying no-one bought a wii specifically for monster hunter? (I believe a large fraction of the MH fan base bought a wii just for that purpose)

2) if the game had been multiplatform would the difference not be similar to that between dead space extraction and dead space HD or COD4 and COD4 reflex and inevitably lead to higher sales on the HD systems?

so again i come to the same conclusion....difference in hardware power is too big.

its like trying to get a HTC wildfire or x10 mini to play 3d games just like an samsung galaxy s2 or iphone......its just an expectation you cant have.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:
Dante9 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
BoneArk said:
Because Nintendo fans bought a "cheap" console they think that they don't have to make anything good for it.

and maybe sometimes hardware power actually matters? maybe sometimes decent memory and a GPU is required to show a killcam? 

I dont know though, im not pro. Ive herd a lot of people say hardware doesnt matter, all games should be equal so i guess im in the minority so im wrong.

maybe rockstar are just being douchebags for not making GTAIV and RDR for wii....surely it has enough power.

The problem seems to be just that, Wii owners are expecting games that are on par with those of the HD twins in terms of hardware power. The other thing is that out of the 90 million consoles sold, the majority were bought as a fad for the family or for drunken entertainment, mostly to run quick and easy dance and party games. That's why the needs of the serious gaming minority were never met, no matter how much they deserved it or not. I personally know people who bought the Wii as a spur of the moment thing and have yet to unbox them. You don't buy the more expensive consoles by accident and you don't buy them just  to run party games once every blue moon and that's why developers feel secure to go all out with them.

The only reason that argument works is because third party developers have made it true by refusing to develop serious games and thus making the market believe serious games can't thrive there, when in fact they can, when they're actually made (Monster Hunter is a sight more serious than any of the shooty shooty gun stuff that seems to pass for hardcore these days, and it did rather well for its franchise), but instead they make these incredibly niche games or test games, and use the inevitable failure of such games as an excuse to not make serious games

1) are you saying no-one bought a wii specifically for monster hunter? (I believe a large fraction of the MH fan base bought a wii just for that purpose)

2) if the game had been multiplatform would the difference not be similar to that between dead space extraction and dead space HD or COD4 and COD4 reflex and inevitably lead to higher sales on the HD systems?

so again i come to the same conclusion....difference in hardware power is too big.

its like trying to get a HTC wildfire or x10 mini to play 3d games just like an samsung galaxy s2 or iphone......its just an expectation you cant have.

These are two completely different games, one of which was a joke and in no way a serious effort

This is a game that came out a solid two years after its counterpart, giving no-one with any interest in the franchise any reason to pick it up.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

"I know the Wii doesn't have programmable shaders, which is why they didn't get a lot of games"

That is bullshit. Developers had at least as much trouble with the PS2 using software rendering, and using the PS3's processor. They just are using the shaders as excuses to be lazy, when it's clear they will work hard if they want to. But they think the market choosing the Wii isn't a reason to want to.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"I know the Wii doesn't have programmable shaders, which is why they didn't get a lot of games"

That is bullshit. Developers had at least as much trouble with the PS2 using software rendering, and using the PS3's processor. They just are using the shaders as excuses to be lazy, when it's clear they will work hard if they want to. But they think the market choosing the Wii isn't a reason to want to.

Well said!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

why does it have to be a dead mans balls? its fresher if he was alive

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mr Khan said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:
Dante9 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
BoneArk said:

These are two completely different games, one of which was a joke and in no way a serious effort

This is a game that came out a solid two years after its counterpart, giving no-one with any interest in the franchise any reason to pick it up.

so are you implying that if they tried enough and made a "serious effort" they could get a dead space as good as the ps3/xbox/pc version on wii? 

fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Mr Khan said:
Dante9 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
BoneArk said:

so are you implying that if they tried enough and made a "serious effort" they could get a dead space as good as the ps3/xbox/pc version on wii? 

When YOU say as good, I'm sure you mean "Graphically." That is an obvious answer. Start asking the right questions.