By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706

I voted for easily under the assumption that a $100 price cut is coming. Those limited edition consoles getting price points already makes me wonder if that will happen though. I can say kinect will be big this xmas with or without a price cut.

Around the Network

Nope they will miss it slightly unless they make massive price drop.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

If they drop the price (and I'd expect them to do this as I expect Sony to cut the PS3's price this year - unless they want to be more than 3m short of their fiscal year forecast) they could make it. Kinect boosted sales massively last year, I doubt they are gonna match that without a price cut. The Halo remake will be a huge seller but it won't be a huge system seller and there's nothing else on the horizon that could math the Kinect impact, really.

So yeah, it all comes down to the price. A $149 Arcade / $199 HDD model combination sounds good.

Close, but it will just miss because new hardware will take over.

I voted no
Kinect won't be as big as last year
forza and gears won't be that big for boosting the 360 after all it's the second forza game and the third gear on the console
and I don't get why everyone expect the star wars game to be huge, I have yet to see why it would do so, also expect a 50$ price cut but it wont be enough

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Although i hope it does cos im in no hurry to see a new gen, I voted No, i just dont think it has enough software this year, and i don tthink a $50 price cut will be enough, If it was $100 then thats another story, but i dont see a cut that big. Also Kinect just didnt have the impact in EU that it did in the states, i dont think the US region can do this on there own, MS need a compelling reason to increase sales in the EU.

I voted close but will miss, but now I'm not sure. It depends on your definition of close and MS's movements. If they cut the X360 and Kinect's price by $50 each it will miss by a few hundred k IMO. Otherwise not close.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Hey Kowen. In your OP you say that 360 can sell 3.5% behind for the remainder of the year (from the start date of the table). Having a column that tracks the overall % behind (opposed to the weekly % behind) 2010 would help give people an impression of how things are tracking. Or maybe in the existing over/under columns you could include the % figure in parentheses.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

chapset said:
I voted no
Kinect won't be as big as last year
forza and gears won't be that big for boosting the 360 after all it's the second forza game and the third gear on the console
and I don't get why everyone expect the star wars game to be huge, I have yet to see why it would do so, also expect a 50$ price cut but it wont be enough

third forza game actually.

Theyve gone eight months without a AAA exclusive. Seriously, if it isnt being saved by Kinect I cannot tell you whats doing it.