By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706
kowenicki said:
Black_Scurge said:
kowenicki said:
its PURELY to do with the slim launch... its been up all year until now. I presume you knew that? 

Significantly down for the rest of the year?  put a number on it please... a % figure will do for now until the year end please, significantly being north of 20% down I guess? 

lol it was up the rest of the year because of the slim launch, I'd say the lack of games is factoring in about 20-30% of the 62, as for the rest of the year it will be down 55-65% until they get the price cut, if they don't get a price cut then until gears and forza, I'm guessing it will be down atleast 20% for the rest of the year, a few high spots and alot of lower spots 

Then why was it UP yoy until a couple of weeks ago?  (big clue incoming.... up until the anniversary of the slim launch to be precise)

Down 60% yoy weekly until Gears launches?  now I know you havent got a clue.

I'd love to know your sales predictions in numbers for the rest of the year for PS3 and 360? 

read underlined, and we'll see, the only way they'll get close to last year is if they drop the arcade model to 100

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Also- it won't sell above 1mil without a price cut this year. Wii might, and the PS3 has a shot, but the 360 just won't have the power this year.

*waits for Seece to laugh at my post ;) *

How does the PS3 still have a shot? It has been down YoY since the beginning and will continue to be throughout the remainder of the year unless they get a price cut. What's the PS3 at right now? Something like 13-18% DOWN YoY WW?

Wow, Black_Scurge you really do not make yourself seem very credible at all when you start spouting nonsense such as "MS overhyped the capabilities of Kinect" and "Canned Milo because it didn't actually work, all smoke and mirrors" and throwing out random numbers and percentages for people who are not happy with their Kinect purchase or for people who may still want the Kinect.

It's quite sad really.

1. Name me specific features of Kinect that MS promised but still haven't delivered?

2. Where is your evidence that Milo didn't work and was "canned" because of that?

3. Where do you get your deluded ideas of Kinect's sales and customer satisfaction?

nightsurge said:
Wow, Black_Scurge you really do not make yourself seem very credible at all when you start spouting nonsense such as "MS overhyped the capabilities of Kinect" and "Canned Milo because it didn't actually work, all smoke and mirrors" and throwing out random numbers and percentages for people who are not happy with their Kinect purchase or for people who may still want the Kinect.

It's quite sad really.

1. Name me specific features of Kinect that MS promised but still haven't delivered?

2. Where is your evidence that Milo didn't work and was "canned" because of that?

3. Where do you get your deluded ideas of Kinect's sales and customer satisfaction?

1. 1 to 1 tracking, item scaning, being able to play a full felge game with kinect alone ect.

2. The fact that it was canned 

3. From people who bought it and aren't happy with it... 

kowenicki said:
Black_Scurge said:
kowenicki said:
Black_Scurge said:
kowenicki said:
its PURELY to do with the slim launch... its been up all year until now. I presume you knew that? 

Significantly down for the rest of the year?  put a number on it please... a % figure will do for now until the year end please, significantly being north of 20% down I guess? 

lol it was up the rest of the year because of the slim launch, I'd say the lack of games is factoring in about 20-30% of the 62, as for the rest of the year it will be down 55-65% until they get the price cut, if they don't get a price cut then until gears and forza, I'm guessing it will be down atleast 20% for the rest of the year, a few high spots and alot of lower spots 

Then why was it UP yoy until a couple of weeks ago?  (big clue incoming.... up until the anniversary of the slim launch to be precise)

Down 60% yoy weekly until Gears launches?  now I know you havent got a clue.

I'd love to know your sales predictions in numbers for the rest of the year for PS3 and 360? 

read underlined, and we'll see, the only way they'll get close to last year is if they drop the arcade model to 100

arcade model? 

Oh right they changed it's name when they gave it a 4 gb harddrive, I'm talking about their 200 skew, unless they drop their main skew to 200 and their 200 to 100 it won't happen 

Around the Network
Black_Scurge said:
nightsurge said:

It's quite sad really.

1. 1 to 1 tracking, item scaning, being able to play a full felge game with kinect alone ect.

You need to do some better research then.

1. Ever heard of Kinect Labs? There IS item scanning capabilities and it works rather well. Just waiting on developers to use it in games. Also, the tracking is 1 to 1, as everyone has a different definition of what that means. I don't know what you mean by the last part.. I have been playing full fledged games with Kinect as my sole input interface for months now... where have you been?

2. Milo was never even a GAME to begin with. It was a technology demo to show what things the Kinect sensor could do and what Lionhead will be using for future games. The demo for Milo and the technology still worked perfectly and are in use in development in other games currently at Lionhead and elsewhere.

3. And these are whom exactly? Your uncle bob and your cousin sue? Anecdotal, baseless arguments seem to be your forte.  I can think of tons more examples of people owning Kinect and loving it so much that they recommend it to all their family and friends. Those family and friends play Kinect games and then instantly want one of their own! Your own shallow opinion of the device is not reflected in the minds of everyone, I'm afraid.

Black_Scurge said:

Oh right they changed it's name when they gave it a 4 gb harddrive, I'm talking about their 200 skew, unless they drop their main skew to 200 and their 200 to 100 it won't happen 

They could very well do just that. Quite easily even.

nightsurge said:
Black_Scurge said:
nightsurge said:

It's quite sad really.

You need to do some better research then.

1. Ever heard of Kinect Labs? There IS item scanning capabilities and it works rather well. Just waiting on developers to use it in games. Also, the tracking is 1 to 1, as everyone has a different definition of what that means. I don't know what you mean by the last part.. I have been playing full fledged games with Kinect as my sole input interface for months now... where have you been?

2. Milo was never even a GAME to begin with. It was a technology demo to show what things the Kinect sensor could do and what Lionhead will be using for future games. The demo for Milo and the technology still worked perfectly and are in use in development in other games currently at Lionhead and elsewhere.

3. And these are whom exactly? Your uncle bob and your cousin sue? Anecdotal, baseless arguments seem to be your forte.  I can think of tons more examples of people owning Kinect and loving it so much that they recommend it to all their family and friends. Those family and friends play Kinect games and then instantly want one of their own! Your own shallow opinion of the device is not reflected in the minds of everyone, I'm afraid.

1. Until it's in a game they haven't delivered it, so point stands until it is, no it's not one to one, the lag of the raw data is nearly a second, talent devs can compensate in game though, no you've been playing games specifically designed to be playable on kinect, I'm talking about a full scale big budget game, both wii and move have it, MS pretends kinect does but it doesn't 

2. Pretty sure it was a game, and either way what was promised in it wasn't delievered 

3.The majority of the people who I've talked to, in person or online who own kinect, the only ones defending it seem to be heavy MS fans 

nightsurge said:
Black_Scurge said:

They could very well do just that. Quite easily even.

Harddrives are cheaper then 100 so they make more money off the 300 skew then the do the 200 skew, I don't think they can afford to drop it to 100, I'm thinking 200 and 150 if Sony cuts to 200

removed everywhere
what did he said?