By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706
Immortal said:
D-Joe said:
Immortal said:
D-Joe said:
not sure about VG sales but shipment is very likely

I don't know why you'd make that kind of distinction. VGC has been spot on with 360's shipments this year so far and wildly overshot it in the quarter before that so it's very unlikely that VGC will undertrack it henceforth. It's actually more likely that VGC will overtrack it given the tracking in Q3/4 last year, though that's doubtful.

yes i still think they need to follow NPD to adjusment,but this time i'm not talking about over or undertracked...

What does NPD have to do with this? You said that 360 would "very likely" be up going by shipments, but were "not sure" if it would be by VGC sales. You never mentioned NPD and that statement directly implies that VGC usually undertracks 360 relative to shipments, which is a baseless accusation.

oh come on,you know last year holiday has shelve problem right?if this year not,even 360 2011 shipment>2010,sales maybe still <2010

and about NPD,i thought you talking about between June NPD and VGC sales,but if not,ignore it

i know your stance and you know my stance,but this is prediction thread

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
No way, MS had everything in their favor that year a good line up, kinect releasing right at the holiday season (kinect is the only reason MS is up at the start of this year), this year it has it's big names as always but it only has those 3 and kinect nothing else, last year it had conviction and alan wake among others, and kinect won't have as much selling power this holiday

Bolded - you know that 2 of those 3 franchises are console sellers right? Even Forza might sell a few consoles at least way more than Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction (I don't know why you mentionned these games). Also games like Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports 2 will be very popular amongst the casuals not to mention Star Wars Kinect. Kinect had a full year to prove itself and it did, now watch it sell like crazy again this winter.

did you just say star wars kinect proved itself... it's a rail game, all you do is stand there and swing an invisble sword against generic enemies wave after wave... and almost everyone interested in a series that has 5 installments on a system has the system and they had them last year so yeah...

I would agree with you about Star Wars Kinect if the only people targeted with this game were gamers like you or me but it's not the case. Little Jimmy doesn't care if all he has to do is stand there and swing agains't generic enemies wave after wave, in fact, he hopes that's what he'll do. Remember that yes Kinect sold 10 millions already but now that more games are out and a lot of people are aware of it it will sell like crazy again this holyday.

I didn't said that SWK prove itself (I personaly think it's very average) I said Kinect prove itself. More people will want to experience last year craze. Maybe I'm all too confident but imo MS will beat last year.

I really don't see how kinect proved itself and it's sales keep going down, it won't be as big as it was last year 

Lets not forget....it would be 3 years since an official price drop.

Can you feel it guys???? theres price drops in the air

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
No way, MS had everything in their favor that year a good line up, kinect releasing right at the holiday season (kinect is the only reason MS is up at the start of this year), this year it has it's big names as always but it only has those 3 and kinect nothing else, last year it had conviction and alan wake among others, and kinect won't have as much selling power this holiday

Bolded - you know that 2 of those 3 franchises are console sellers right? Even Forza might sell a few consoles at least way more than Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction (I don't know why you mentionned these games). Also games like Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports 2 will be very popular amongst the casuals not to mention Star Wars Kinect. Kinect had a full year to prove itself and it did, now watch it sell like crazy again this winter.

did you just say star wars kinect proved itself... it's a rail game, all you do is stand there and swing an invisble sword against generic enemies wave after wave... and almost everyone interested in a series that has 5 installments on a system has the system and they had them last year so yeah...

I would agree with you about Star Wars Kinect if the only people targeted with this game were gamers like you or me but it's not the case. Little Jimmy doesn't care if all he has to do is stand there and swing agains't generic enemies wave after wave, in fact, he hopes that's what he'll do. Remember that yes Kinect sold 10 millions already but now that more games are out and a lot of people are aware of it it will sell like crazy again this holyday.

I didn't said that SWK prove itself (I personaly think it's very average) I said Kinect prove itself. More people will want to experience last year craze. Maybe I'm all too confident but imo MS will beat last year.

I really don't see how kinect proved itself and it's sales keep going down, it won't be as big as it was last year 

It sold more than 10 millions under a year, it successfuly attracked casual gamers to 360, it's getting third party support and proves it can add a lot to core games (ME3, F4 etc). The 360 is the only console with yoy increases this year thanks to Kinect, even MS said it gave them a boost of adrenaline. I fully believe that it's also part of the reason of the Wii's decline.

MS is very happy of Kinect's results and will push it foward come next gen. Imo they will advertize like crazy once again this year... anyway, we'll see... two 1 million week?

I vote it will easily beat it.

Well, there is the reported price cut, plus Star Wars Kinect, Plus the games everyone has spoke about (Halo Anny, Gears2, Forza4, etc.), plus Bing Voice Search, plus Cable, Plus expanded Skype/Video Kinect.

If they can also push a killer Workout Game then they can push it on QVC to an entirely new audience. It has plenty of stuff for gamers, but it is also about appealing to people that aren't gamers yet. (like the Wii did, but even with a broader audience.)

Golly, I've even thought of getting one for my folks, cause 1. they really shouldn't driving to the video store at night (there aren't many video stores anyway) and I would put them on Netflix and Hulu. 2. it would be an easy way for my family to video conference. 3. it might be simple enough for them to use with just their voice.

If they can market it to let more people see what it can do, then they will have an extremely good year.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:

It sold more than 10 millions under a year, it successfuly attracked casual gamers to 360, it's getting third party support and proves it can add a lot to core games (ME3, F4 etc). The 360 is the only console with yoy increases this year thanks to Kinect, even MS said it gave them a boost of adrenaline. I fully believe that it's also part of the reason of the Wii's decline.

MS is very happy of Kinect's results and will push it foward come next gen. Imo they will advertize like crazy once again this year... anyway, we'll see... two 1 million week?

How is voice commands alot, and F4 looks incredibly dumbed down, and it sold because of the advertising, there werne't even games out yet and people didn't even have a chance to research the few that were out, and 360 only had yoy increases because of the slim boost, soon as it cross that line it was down yoy, and of course they are happy now, it sold 10 mil, but when it sells less this holiday they won't be as happy, last year they had the advantage of no1 knowing anything about it besides what they advertised, this time they don't have that advantage

Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:

How is voice commands alot, and F4 looks incredibly dumbed down, and it sold because of the advertising, there werne't even games out yet and people didn't even have a chance to research the few that were out, and 360 only had yoy increases because of the slim boost, soon as it cross that line it was down yoy, and of course they are happy now, it sold 10 mil, but when it sells less this holiday they won't be as happy, last year they had the advantage of no1 knowing anything about it besides what they advertised, this time they don't have that advantage

You're talking about Fable 4 right? But I was talking about Forza 4 my bad I should've precised If you think Forza 4 looks dumbed down then there's nothing I can do for you.

People should stop saying Kinect sold solely because it was heavily advertised. The product is good at what it does and that's what casuals and core gamers see. Of course not every games are good but hey, tell me every games are AAA on any console and I'll let go, tell me a bad game on PS3 or 360 with horrible graphics and controls is bad because of the hardware and I will just stop.

Maybe it's me but I think the slim effect didn't last too long. It wasn't as important as the PS3's slim effect which helped the PS3 a lot more. Remember it also say a huge pricecut at the same time and since then it's become competitive with the 360. MS didn't make that pricecut with the slim, just got rid of the older model. And I think that now that people are aware of the Kinect it will sell better than last year.

Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:

You're talking about Fable 4 right? But I was talking about Forza 4 my bad I should've precised If you think Forza 4 looks dumbed down then there's nothing I can do for you.

People should stop saying Kinect sold solely because it was heavily advertised. The product is good at what it does and that's what casuals and core gamers see. Of course not every games are good but hey, tell me every games are AAA on any console and I'll let go, tell me a bad game on PS3 or 360 with horrible graphics and controls is bad because of the hardware and I will just stop.

Maybe it's me but I think the slim effect didn't last too long. It wasn't as important as the PS3's slim effect which helped the PS3 a lot more. Remember it also say a huge pricecut at the same time and since then it's become competitive with the 360. MS didn't make that pricecut with the slim, just got rid of the older model. And I think that now that people are aware of the Kinect it will sell better than last year.

Yea I was talking about fable 4, forza barely uses kinect at all and kinect doesn't even have one great game it has one or two good ones and a few okay ones, camera games never work very well, you think more people being aware of kinect will make them buy it but I think it's the opposite the only reason it sold so much last year is because people didn't know the details of what they were buying and bought it on hype and faith and it still hasn't delievered what tehy expected (granted what they expected is impossible but thats MSes own fault for the way they hyped it)

Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:
Black_Scurge said:
Jazz2K said:

Yea I was talking about fable 4, forza barely uses kinect at all and kinect doesn't even have one great game it has one or two good ones and a few okay ones, camera games never work very well, you think more people being aware of kinect will make them buy it but I think it's the opposite the only reason it sold so much last year is because people didn't know the details of what they were buying and bought it on hype and faith and it still hasn't delievered what tehy expected (granted what they expected is impossible but thats MSes own fault for the way they hyped it)

Maybe you should do some research on Forza 4.

Why are you convinced that it didn't delivered what people expected. Are you talking about you? A lot of people think 360/PS3/Wii didn't delivered what they expected and it doesn't prevent these to sell a lot.

I dont think it will happen. Simply because PC's are so far ahead of consoles so theres nothing new for them to offer.