By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706
nightsurge said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:
brendude13 said:

I would have said "nope, not a chance", but after observing sales, despite the XBOX 360 having a mediocre exclusives line-up and the fact that it's losing momentum from Kinect and the Slim, it is STILL selling.

It doesn't add up.

As long as a console gets some decent support, regardless of if it's exclusive or not, people will buy the console.

I guess Skyrim, MW3, BF3 etc are the biggest games this year, and they are multiplats.

Still, after Christmas I'm expecting the sales to slope.

Doesn't hurt it that the 360 has a relatively good exclusives line-up for the holiday with Gears, Halo, Forza, and a slew of Kinect games! :)

If 360 has a medicore exclusive line up this holiday I dread to think what the PS3 and Wii have 0_o

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Divine_menace said:
You guys take this way to serious.... I don't know why i wasted all my time reading this crap.

Then why did you... and why are you in the sales forum.

I have some advice for you.... but its impolite.

I can say it for you if you like. Seriously buddy, grow up. Even I can see the validity of this comparison. Albeit its premise is highly optimistic its still worth seeing how things will progress. Even if it doesn't do it it would still be breaking some serious precedents by coming so close to peaking in its 6th year.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-microsofts-chris-lewis-interview

Eurogamer: So when you say number one you mean sales?

Chris Lewis: I mean purely install base with consumers. We don't count units unless they're actually out there and installed. This isn't shipments. This isn't revenue. This is install base of consoles.

In Germany this coming year, for instance, we're going to spend a considerable amount of money in the media. That isn't something we've done in previous years. We've invested very deliberately in Germany.

With what you can see here, with what I know is coming that I can't talk to you about right now, both by way of content for the core, and the entertainment partnerships we're negotiating for Xbox Live, I wouldn't trade with anybody.

I don't want to be dismissive of what our competition is doing. They keep us very much on our toes, but knowing what I know, and knowing what I've seen, I wouldn't trade places.

MS have something planned, they're so determined to be up YoY and first place.

"In Germany this coming year, for instance, we're going to spend a considerable amount of money in the media. That isn't something we've done in previous years. We've invested very deliberately in Germany."

I am glad to hear this, but it seems to be too late.
MS lost the European market to Sony years ago.

And then few months later we will find out that this super secret content was time exclusive map-pack for MW3.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
And then few months later we will find out that this super secret content was time exclusive map-pack for MW3.

That's not a secret though, they announced last year 360 would get map packs first all the way up to end of 2012.

Seece said:
Zlejedi said:

That's not a secret though, they announced last year 360 would get map packs first all the way up to end of 2012.

Don't you mean 2011?Or are you talking about ALL COD games,and not just MW3?

Mordred11 said:
Seece said:
Zlejedi said:

Don't you mean 2011?Or are you talking about ALL COD games,and not just MW3?

All COD games up to end of 2012

Seece said:

All COD games up to end of 2012

I wonder how much it cost Microsoft to get that..

People who voted ''Not a chance'' are seriously underestimating the 360.I voted ''Close,it will just do it.''