By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706

NO!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

I haven't heard any rumors at all about an upcoming price cut.

MS must be counting on the sales of 360s as set top boxes through the new TV announcements. That is the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Don't remember this thread. I don't think I posted in here, anyway.

Well, after looking at the graph, I'll have to say it's not going to pass last year's numbers. Not with an already 840K gap and the great holiday 360 had last year with the Slim remodel and Kinect. Though, for optimism's sake, I said it would come close, but just miss it. Either way, this is going to be an interesting thread to follow.

Edit: Oh yea, completely forgot about Halo Reach last year, as well.

Maybe but doubtful at this point. Honestly if MS would drop the price to 199 before december for sure but i don't see it happening until next year.

Around the Network

We going to get an update to the OP?

Close but no cigar. Might not even be close though due to Kinect not performing as it did last year.

kowenicki said:
Updated.

Getting a bit more interesting I guess.

What is clear to me is that a price cut in early October would have made this a certainty.

Yea.  It is good its ahead the past few weeks.  The only question is will it be able to pull off those 2 weeks of over 1 million.  I think it may be able to pull off one, but I don't know about 2.

I don't see MS beating last year, which had Kinect, a new model, a price drop, and a number a huge games. But they are certainly keeping decline at a minimum which heavy hitters like Gears 3, Skyrim, and MW3.

Hmmmm.... It's still gonna be hard but it doesn't seem that unlikely after adjustments.

Still, once Kinects 1 year anniversary arrives you'd expect it to be down YoY.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.