By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd party hardcore games & Nintendo this gen

this is a good improvement for Nintendo over n64/gc but for a generation leading console (nes/snes/ps1/2) its poor

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Chrizum said:
You can make an equally long list with third party "hardcore" games that sold less than a million. Fact remains there are hardly any 3rd party blockbuster-type games on the Wii. Most of those games are extremely low-budget.

Do it, please.

Surely you can't be serious? If you really are doubting my statement, go check it, we're on a sales-site remember?

Obviously not every third party game on Wii sold over a million, and making a list to prove it would be a complete waste of time as apparantly everyone but you knows it's true, and you'll probably nitpick over my choices anyway.

Chrizum said:
You can make an equally long list with third party "hardcore" games that sold less than a million. Fact remains there are hardly any 3rd party blockbuster-type games on the Wii. Most of those games are extremely low-budget.

Can't you can do that for the other consoles too? >_>

Torillian said:

Actually at the moment they appear to be equal for third party million sellers, but not Wii beating them both combined like you said.

There are 103 million sellers on the PS3 with Sony taking up 23 leaving 80 third party sellersand 117 on the Wii with Nintendo taking up 37 so you got 80 third party

Just as an addition, Wii SW is overtracked on the whole "Million Sellers" thing. We've had the Wii at 116/117 1 Million sellers since like, March. For the March Fiscal results, Nintendo actually said that there were 103 1 Million sellers on Wii.

14 games were overtracked, and still are to this day.

OT:
Dragon Quest IX isn't exactly what I'd call "Hardcore". Nintendo don't seem to think it is neither, with adverts like this for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQQBzQKqBg

Triwells said:
Chrizum said:

Can't you can do that for the other consoles too? >_>

Exactly my point. I understand that cherrypicking to skew data is pretty popular around here, but you won't prove anything with it. That's why these lists are useless, and that goes for every console.

Big picture is what I said: there are hardly any traditional 3rd party hardcore games on the Wii, so it's no wonder they haven't sold as much as on the 360. Most 3rd party Wii games are extremely low-budget, so 3rd parties have no reason to complain about the amount of money they've made on Wii.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Torillian said:

Actually at the moment they appear to be equal for third party million sellers, but not Wii beating them both combined like you said.

There are 103 million sellers on the PS3 with Sony taking up 23 leaving 80 third party sellersand 117 on the Wii with Nintendo taking up 37 so you got 80 third party

Just as an addition, Wii SW is overtracked on the whole "Million Sellers" thing. We've had the Wii at 116/117 1 Million sellers since like, March. For the March Fiscal results, Nintendo actually said that there were 103 1 Million sellers on Wii.

14 games were overtracked, and still are to this day.

OT:
Dragon Quest IX isn't exactly what I'd call "Hardcore". Nintendo don't seem to think it is neither, with adverts like this for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQQBzQKqBg

I usually avoid the "core" debate, but seriously, any game that encourages you to put in literally hundreds of hours into a game, while never actually completing it, AND is a turned based, job system, JRPG, I can't see how you call DQIX NOT hardcore. Just sayin.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

A lot of million sellers...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Not to take anything away from that list, but im sure i can name just as much 3rd party games on PS3 that are million sellers. Tekken6, SF4, SSF4, FF13, MOH2010, AC 1, 2 & Brotherhood, COD4, W@W, MW2, BLOPS, VF5??? Those are just of the top of my head.

Christ, im missing some really obvious games. GTA5, RDR, Bioshock 2, Force unleashed 1, Demon's Soul, Grid?, MGS4, NBA Street Homecourt, im sure i can think of 6 more

There is no doubt in my mind that there have been many 3rd party 'hardcore' successful games on the Wii and DS. It's just that many people have this twisted and warped definition of the word 'hardcore', which doesn't lend itself well to the Wii library.