By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Weekend Estimates: Deathly Hallows Sets All-Time Record In US ($168.55) & Worldwide ($475.55)

Mordred11 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol @400m in US aint happening

the drops for this film will be massive.

If New Moon can get a 2.1x multiplier in November, then DH2 can certainly get that in the summer. I figured a 2.35x multiplier is reasonable.

New Moon wasn't the end of the saga,and it didn't have a TDKR teaser.People didn't rush to see it,only teenage girls.

DH2 will be called the most frontloaded movie in history,after we'll see some 2 more weekends.

Very well. We only need to wait a few weeks to see how right or wrong I am.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

@pezus

your predictions may be as doomed as Snape

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@pezus

Don't tell me you've betrayed me, padawan. The dog has her eyes!

I don't see it doing much over $350 million

The opening day, weekend itself has satisfied a lot of demand.

darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@pezus

Don't tell me you've betrayed me, padawan. The dog has her eyes!

I don't see it doing much over $350 million

The opening day, weekend itself has satisfied a lot of demand.

Finally,I read some truth coming for you darth.Now you've just gotta admit that it wont do 1.0B OS

Harry Potter grossed $18 million Monday in the US - 80% ahead of HBP and 100% ahead of DH1. Total gross is now ~$187m.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Harry Potter grossed $18 million Monday in the US - 80% ahead of HBP and 100% ahead of DH1. Total gross is now ~$187m.

For comparison,TDK grossed $24.5M on it's first Monday

Lets see if this can beat the 5-day record of 203.7M held by TKD.It would need to do over 16M on Tuesday.
Has a chance...but I hope for my sanity that it doesn't happen

Mordred11 said:
mrstickball said:

....You don't think I know that?

TDK had a phenomenal run with a sub-50% drop its 2nd weekend. Its unlikely we're going to see a movie with that kind of opening + hold in a long time. However, for a movie like Harry Potter to get a $18 million Monday is nothing short of great. All I'm arguing with this number is that Deathly Hallows 2 has a good shot at $400m. Its not like its getting anywhere near TDK which is a record ($24.5m on 1st non-holiday Monday) that is unlikely to be broken for years.

FWIW, I was a big fan of box office tracking well before services like VGC were out. I remember all the threads on BOM and other services back when Matrix Reloaded came out. I remember most every epic box office thread of the past decade.

mrstickball said:
Mordred11 said:
mrstickball said:

....You don't think I know that?

TDK had a phenomenal run with a sub-50% drop its 2nd weekend. Its unlikely we're going to see a movie with that kind of opening + hold in a long time. However, for a movie like Harry Potter to get a $18 million Monday is nothing short of great. All I'm arguing with this number is that Deathly Hallows 2 has a good shot at $400m. Its not like its getting anywhere near TDK which is a record ($24.5m on 1st non-holiday Monday) that is unlikely to be broken for years.

FWIW, I was a big fan of box office tracking well before services like VGC were out. I remember all the threads on BOM and other services back when Matrix Reloaded came out. I remember most every epic box office thread of the past decade.

400M isn't locked yet.Monday numbers dont show a movie's legs.We'll see what happens this weekend.If it's sub-50M,any chance for 400M happening is dead.

Guys guys....$18 Million for Potter on Monday is AMAZING

Far better than what I expected...its a sub 50% drop, I believe it may be the BEST Potter Mnday hold since the first one...all this despite what I thought would be a heavy frontloaded OD and Oopening Weekend

Truly surprised by the $18 Million Monday....lets see how it holds

And please stop comparing TDK to Potter in America...no Potter ever did as much as TDK in America (which itself had an exceptional run), thats not even a comparison we should be making...at all.