By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Weekend Estimates: Deathly Hallows Sets All-Time Record In US ($168.55) & Worldwide ($475.55)

Put your safety hats guys,this thing will drop like a rock this weekend

Around the Network

Wow that is very impressive! Harry Potter is pretty much the biggest movie series ever now it seems.

I must admit though I've only seen the first two Harry Potters and I don't remember much about them.

pezus said:

'Potter' passes 'Rings'

With help from a strong opening in China, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 reached its final major milestone this weekend. On Sunday, it passed The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King to move up to third place on the all-time worldwide (domestic plus foreign) chart with $1.134 billion.

Amazing, it is now at $342.8 million in the US. It might finish at $370 million I think.

For shame! The LOTR movies are much better then Harry Potter!

It's funny to think that I'm in the minority (at least here in the US) as I have not seen Deathly Hallows Part 2 yet.

Mordred11 said:
mrstickball said:

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Pt 2: $400m US, $950m OS ($1.35b WW)

No way in hell will DH2 reach 400M in US,and 950M OS

Try more like 350M US,850M OS.

As for TDKR,i doubt it's going to decrease that much in the US with the finale factor going for it.It all depends on how WB will market Bane as a villain,if they play their cards right they can make him as liked as Joker was.

Reminding you of your epic failure. Potter is at 350/800 right now and rising. Likely to hit 380m US, 950+ OS.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

August 11

US $350,085,941
Others $829,000,000

Total $1,179,085,941

pezus said:
mrstickball said:
Mordred11 said:
mrstickball said:

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Pt 2: $400m US, $950m OS ($1.35b WW)

No way in hell will DH2 reach 400M in US,and 950M OS

Try more like 350M US,850M OS.

As for TDKR,i doubt it's going to decrease that much in the US with the finale factor going for it.It all depends on how WB will market Bane as a villain,if they play their cards right they can make him as liked as Joker was.

Reminding you of your epic failure. Potter is at 350/800 right now and rising. Likely to hit 380m US, 950+ OS.

Woot, I predicted 390-400 m for US (in my original prediction at least :P)

Not too far off. I looked at the data, and if DH2 tracks exactly like HBP, it would make another ~$25 million USD. However, DH2 is tracking about 40% better per day than HBP. If that were the case, it'd hit $385 or so.

For OS, it made about $22 million during the weekdays, which would point to a $25-30 million USD weekend. So $1.2 billion+ is locked for this weekend. I'm confident it can get the remainder of my $150m prediction over the next few weeks.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.