By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

I wouldn't say that they are better then Sony or Nintendo in quality, at least not first party.

THIRD PARTY EXCLUSIVES, yes are best on Microsoft. Lost Odyssey, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, and Splinter Cell: Conviction are 360 exclusive franchises which I think are second to none. Then again this depends on preference, I'm not a big MGS fan, and I think if XenoBlade, and The Last Story make it over, then Nintendo will have some credibility to this game too.

However for first party I'm not sure. Halo and Forza are second to none, but what else is there? You cant just keep rehashing those games and claiming you're the best.

Maybe....if they made some games using Rares IP's instead of making damn Kinect games, they could be the best. Conker, Killer Instinct, and a good Banjo game could go a long way.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I like this guy. He's got balls. Even if he is wrong. Halo and Gears cannot match Mario and Zelda or even Uncharted and Gran Turismo. Sony and Nintendo just have more, and with more famous franchises, and the quality IMO.

Then again, he IS the CEO, he wouldn't say otherwise.

As for the sales thing? I still don't agree with NPD, but even without, it's Sony's year, then Nintendo closely behind, with MS just a bit back. Of course, price cuts could change this.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

this guy is from Microsoft of course he is saying that...

Key words:

"says Microsoft"

While he's definitely wrong, what else would he say. Kinda weird he would choose to say it this year, though. Not many good quality first party games releasing on the 360. Though, he did say "has been." Past tense. Does that mean he thinks Sony has passed them now. Or is he alluding that MS is slowing down now to push more support on their new, upcoming system? Yea, I'm probably reading too much into that.

Around the Network

wow wtf

He could have at least tried dodging the question, answering it with an actual answer (they did just buy a bunch of small studios) or just squirmed into some weird answer like 'We are the best because Halo outsold every Sony game this quarter in the US', the problem would be that they'd have to use Kinect Adventures or something. Outright lying isn't cool, especially when the last high quality First Party IP they released was like a year ago.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

sales2099 said:
he just should have said it was beter then sonys

after all, no ps3 exclusive can touch the sales of Halo or gears

Yeah, if only GT5 could touch the sales of gea...

Yes I think he is right if he only talks about Sonys first-party studios, Microsoft has way better exclusive Games than Sony. Sony has nothing really exciting when it comes to exclusive Games, but if he also include Nintendo in this than he talks bullshit, because Nintendo has way better exclusive Games than anyone else. No one comes even close to Nintendos first-party studios.

Sorry, but this site has gone bloody loopy. Yes I agree that this guy lost his marbles, but so have some of the Sony fans on this site.
Uncharted. Ffs. Uncharted will never outsell gears or halo. Stop using it alongside gt like its up there saleswise. Even in open beta, it couldn't beat halo and gears which were both closed betas. And halo beat it by over a million.

Gt is the only remote answer for sales for Sony this Gen. MS sell more exclusives this Gen. Fact.