By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

"I would ask you to go and look at some of your data, just to compare first party performance over the course of this lifecycle, because I think our first party performance in terms of quality bars and units per title this shift has been superior to our competition’s."

edit: Addressing the 2nd only, the first is covered as best as quality can be objectively covered in the OP itself

PS3 1st party
# Titles 82
Total sales 81.17 M
Units/title 0.99M

360 1st party
# Titles 56
Total sales 102.85 M
Units/title 1.83 M

Wii 1st party
# Titles 76
Total sales 341.35 M
Units/title 4.49 M

Sorry bud, not even close

Around the Network
selnor said:
Sorry, but this site has gone bloody loopy. Yes I agree that this guy lost his marbles, but so have some of the Sony fans on this site.
Uncharted. Ffs. Uncharted will never outsell gears or halo. Stop using it alongside gt like its up there saleswise. Even in open beta, it couldn't beat halo and gears which were both closed betas. And halo beat it by over a million.

Gt is the only remote answer for sales for Sony this Gen. MS sell more exclusives this Gen. Fact.

If we go by sales, Nintendo is king actually. I don't know about Sony vs MS, because even if MS's 1st party titles sell more they do release fewer of them. It would be cool if someone could add all title sales and compare.

Edit: lol never mind, scottie just did it. Ninty>MS>Sony in sales.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
selnor said:
Sorry, but this site has gone bloody loopy. Yes I agree that this guy lost his marbles, but so have some of the Sony fans on this site.
Uncharted. Ffs. Uncharted will never outsell gears or halo. Stop using it alongside gt like its up there saleswise. Even in open beta, it couldn't beat halo and gears which were both closed betas. And halo beat it by over a million.

Gt is the only remote answer for sales for Sony this Gen. MS sell more exclusives this Gen. Fact.

If we go by sales, Nintendo is king actually. I don't know about Sony vs MS, because even if MS's 1st party titles sell more they do release fewer of them. It would be cool if someone could add all title sales and compare.

Look up!

Edit: You Edited.

I love it how Nintendo's sales for their first party games is nearly double that of those for the PS360.

Nintendo consoles sell on their first party games. Fact.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

mgs4 is better than uncharted

Around the Network

Sales don't equal quality, reviews don't equal quality what experiance you get whilst you play a game is what amounts to quality i have played games with toss reviews that have blown me away and played games that people would defend to the hills that i've thought were crap the weren't quality to me

Quality is what you get out of a product, not what other people tell you you should be getting out of it

scottie said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
selnor said:

Look up!

Edit: You Edited.

lol

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

what first party games ? They have like one or two decent and they come from third party developers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Conegamer said:
I love it how Nintendo's sales for their first party games is nearly double that of those for the PS360.

Nintendo consoles sell on their first party games. Fact.

I'm sure most Nintendo die hards do!

Sales for software and hardware? no Nintendo has that n the bag, quality? no cause Sony and Nintendo have released more IP's which can add up to more quality, motion controls? nope still Nintendo. so it would seem Nintendo leads in every category he's referring to as Sony continues to lead in the exclusive new IP category. this man has no steam for his argument

this guy and MS should try not shoving Kinect down the throats of the consumer and start making more hardcore games for the fans that bought the console before Kinect even came out cause if it wasn't for them MS wouldn't be as successful as they are now.