By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naughty Dog : Ps3 and Vita Can Do Everything Wii U Can Do

maximus22 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well I agree with what he said, but I don't really care anyway, I just want a PS4 with a dual shock 4, nothing more and none of this silly motion control stuff

This.  Quit worrying about new ways to control games, controls work great as is.  What I would like to see is artificial intelligence that is actually close to intelligent next gen.

You play against human level intelligence everyday.

ITS CALLED ONLINE!!!

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

Can the PS3 transmitted  HD video wirelessly?

Given that remote play works over the internet, i imagine it would certainly be capable of achieving that locally.

I doubt it. I seen the video on youtube but I cant tell if its wireless. In fact, heck no PS3 doesnt have this feature. What  the hell is thread about?

Oh, you meant can it currently? That i doubt, but can it, as in could it be made to do it, yes

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
While he may be techically correct, the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 will not be used like the Wii U on a wide scale because no developer can count on a PS3/PS4 owner having a PS Vita and vice versa. On top of that, the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined.

"the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined."

vita = $250, ps3 = $300 vita + ps3 = $550 / 2 = $225

i highly doubt the wii u will be this cheap i'd say probably  $350 - $400 

then if we factor in price drops of $50 - $100 off the ps3 before the wii u launches vita + ps3 = $450 - $500 ( which is much closer than your estimate )

i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350

also the ps3/vita thing depends on which version is gotten right

vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325

though regardless, if your really looking for that dual screen experience the wiiU is built around it so i see that as being the better bet.

"vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325"

ps3s cost $300 now and i expect that the price will drop to $250 or $200 before the wii u launches

the wifi model is the most popular model ( among the comments i've seen) thats how i arrived at this $550 or $450 after price drops

also "i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350" really? the controller itself looks like it could cost over $100... ereaders like the kindle with black and white display, no cams, mics etc cost over $100 already is it really likely the controller on this thing will be less? and thats just the controller then theres the fact that nintendo prefers to gain profit  on their consoles unlike sony and microsoft

you think the controller cdosts over 100? i highly doubt that.

you can't pack that much features into a device and not expect its price to rise substantially as i said before ebook readers with far less features cost over $100

there must be a reason that nintendo ( known for profiting on most or all things they sell ) are reluctant to answer whether they will be available for retail

Ebook readers with far more features can also be picked up for less than $100 today, and likely will be far less in 18 months (when the Wii U is released) ...

Most ebook readers are expensive because they're based off of e-ink, but the noname manufactured color lcd touchscreen ebook readers are actually very inexpensive.

please provide me with an example... an example of what i described is the kindle - black and white screen, no touch, no cam, no mic etc still over $100

cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

Given that remote play works over the internet, i imagine it would certainly be capable of achieving that locally.

I doubt it. I seen the video on youtube but I cant tell if its wireless. In fact, heck no PS3 doesnt have this feature. What  the hell is thread about?

you being unaware of the feature does not mean "PS3 doesnt have this feature" 

( video of game streaming from ps3 - psp ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

...all it means is that you were unaaware of it

Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

Oh, you meant can it currently? That i doubt, but can it, as in could it be made to do it, yes

No, ps3 802.11g cannot transmitted HD video(maybe recieve. Dunno?). And obviously not its Bluetooth.

No firmware is gonna magically change that. This thread is irrelevant.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

( video of game streaming from ps3 - psp ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

That video is conveniently dark, cant tell if its wireless or even if its a regular ps3 transmitting it.

Besides its impossible anyway ( with a regular ps3 that is ) 802.11g

cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

That video is conveniently dark, cant tell if its wireless or even if its a regular ps3 transmitting it.

um dude remote play is a known feature of ps3 it entails wireless transmission of content wireless between p-s3 and psp more details :

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/30/ps3-how-to-setting-up-remote-play-between-your-psp-and-ps3/

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/support/network/detail/linked240472/item66124/Remote-Play/

why is it so hard to believe that it supported this? what else do you guys think is needed for this other than a wireless connection and enough processing power

HappySqurriel said:

Alby_da_Wolf said:

[...]

That's just what I wrote too, did you read my post?    Support of portables as additional controllers with screen should be the added bonus, let's be naughty towards Sony as it would be towards Nintendo and let's call it "the improvement of the stolen idea"!   

I miss-read your statement as Sony releasing controller with a screen that was standard, rather than Sony releasing a System with a standard controler that has a screen.

That is a different beast altogether. Part of the reason we had multiple viable systems in the current generation unlike previous generations is because the market became asymetric, which resulted in more customers and more multi-system owners. If the market becomes more symetric as Sony "copies" Nintendo it is likely going to result in lower overall system sales, and this could disproportionately impact one manufacturer. Given that there was a significant advantage to a market leader when they launched before their competition regardless of whether their competition had more processing power, features or launched at a lower price I would think that Sony would be the net-loser if they decided to "copy" Nintendo.

I think too different systems would be better, but I suspect that should 3rd parties like Wii U's controller, they could insist that MS and Sony copy it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
While he may be techically correct, the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 will not be used like the Wii U on a wide scale because no developer can count on a PS3/PS4 owner having a PS Vita and vice versa. On top of that, the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined.

"the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined."

i highly doubt the wii u will be this cheap i'd say probably  $350 - $400 

then if we factor in price drops of $50 - $100 off the ps3 before the wii u launches vita + ps3 = $450 - $500 ( which is much closer than your estimate )

i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350

also the ps3/vita thing depends on which version is gotten right

vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325

though regardless, if your really looking for that dual screen experience the wiiU is built around it so i see that as being the better bet.

"vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325"

ps3s cost $300 now and i expect that the price will drop to $250 or $200 before the wii u launches

the wifi model is the most popular model ( among the comments i've seen) thats how i arrived at this $550 or $450 after price drops

also "i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350" really? the controller itself looks like it could cost over $100... ereaders like the kindle with black and white display, no cams, mics etc cost over $100 already is it really likely the controller on this thing will be less? and thats just the controller then theres the fact that nintendo prefers to gain profit  on their consoles unlike sony and microsoft

you think the controller cdosts over 100? i highly doubt that.

you can't pack that much features into a device and not expect its price to rise substantially as i said before ebook readers with far less features cost over $100

there must be a reason that nintendo ( known for profiting on most or all things they sell ) are reluctant to answer whether they will be available for retail

Ebook readers with far more features can also be picked up for less than $100 today, and likely will be far less in 18 months (when the Wii U is released) ...

Most ebook readers are expensive because they're based off of e-ink, but the noname manufactured color lcd touchscreen ebook readers are actually very inexpensive.

please provide me with an example... an example of what i described is the kindle - black and white screen, no touch, no cam, no mic etc still over $100

$89: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=039114 

$60: http://www.dinodirect.com/ebook-readers-2gb-e7001.html?cur=CAD&AFFID=67

Edit: By the way, the kindle is the worst counter to my point ... It is a name brand ebook reader that is based on e-ink.

On top of that, the Kindle also demonstrates exactly my point about how quickly the price of components in these markets come down in price. What was once nearly $500 is now worse than what they are selling for slightly more than $100; and in 2 years what they're selling for $60 to $80 will probably be far better than we can by for $100 today.

I think we already discussed this topic when Wii U was announced, basically, the combo of Vita and PS3 would be more expensive, and you can't use WiFi while you do it, and using a USB connection would defeat the purpose since you can't move it as much. Vita and PS3 are not built from the ground up to work that way like the Wii U, it would just be an afterthought.