By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naughty Dog : Ps3 and Vita Can Do Everything Wii U Can Do

o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

Can the PS3 transmitted  HD video wirelessly?

Given that remote play works over the internet, i imagine it would certainly be capable of achieving that locally.

I doubt it. I seen the video on youtube but I cant tell if its wireless. In fact, heck no PS3 doesnt have this feature. What  the hell is thread about?

you being unaware of the feature does not mean "PS3 doesnt have this feature" 

( video of game streaming from ps3 - psp ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

...all it means is that you were unaaware of it

That video is conveniently dark, cant tell if its wireless or even if its a regular ps3 transmitting it.

um dude remote play is a known feature of ps3 it entails wireless transmission of content wireless between p-s3 and psp more details :

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/30/ps3-how-to-setting-up-remote-play-between-your-psp-and-ps3/

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/support/network/detail/linked240472/item66124/Remote-Play/

why is it so hard to believe that it supported this? what else do you guys think is needed for this other than a wireless connection and enough processing power

No PS3 802.11g  cannot transmit HD video wirelessly. U think there is a way to connect your ps3 to your hdTv wirelessy ( with some wireless adapter for the tv)? Even at 720P? NO.

So since the PS3 is using the 802.11g to transmit lower quality video this means it cannot connect to the internet or use the internet for anything else.

So in a nutshell if u are using this feature:

• The picture quality will be degraded.
  • U cannot play your games online

IN one sentence

The ps3 cannot stream HD content to vita wirelessly,  stream normally to hdtv, and be connected to the internet all at the same time. Not to the slightest

Which means PS3+ vita cannot do What the WiiU can do. This thread is irrelevant

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

Given that remote play works over the internet, i imagine it would certainly be capable of achieving that locally.

I doubt it. I seen the video on youtube but I cant tell if its wireless. In fact, heck no PS3 doesnt have this feature. What  the hell is thread about?

( video of game streaming from ps3 - psp ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

That video is conveniently dark, cant tell if its wireless or even if its a regular ps3 transmitting it.

um dude remote play is a known feature of ps3 it entails wireless transmission of content wireless between p-s3 and psp more details :

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/30/ps3-how-to-setting-up-remote-play-between-your-psp-and-ps3/

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/support/network/detail/linked240472/item66124/Remote-Play/

why is it so hard to believe that it supported this? what else do you guys think is needed for this other than a wireless connection and enough processing power

No PS3 802.11g  cannot transmit HD video wirelessly. U think there is a way to connect your ps3 to your hdTv wirelessy ( with some wireless adapter for the tv)? Even at 720P? NO.

So since the PS3 is using the 802.11g to transmit lower quality video this means it cannot connect to the internet or use the internet for anything else.

IN one sentence

The ps3 cannot stream HD content to vita wirelessly,  stream normally to hdtv, and be connected to the internet all at the same time. Not to the slightest

can prolly render at a lower res and send the SD over since technically, Vita is nowhere near HD res anyways. the problem is having to use system resources from the PS3 which would have some hurdles to overcome, latency being a big issue when you are dealing with real time encoding and transmitting through wifi and you can't always get a stable result as wireless from other people or even your house has the potential to fuck with it.

cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

IN one sentence

"The ps3 cannot stream HD content to vita wirelessly"

quick question does the wii u controller output HD? go research that then you'll realise how what you just posted makes no sense

"So in a nutshell"

• The picture quality will be degraded. ( the same as with the wii u ) 
  • U cannot play your games online ( this point lost me how? )
"So since the PS3 is using the 802.11g to transmit lower quality video ( LIKE THE WII U ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK ITS USING 802.11 ) this means it cannot connect to the internet or use the internet for anything else. i asked this above but how? the ps3 has 2 methods of online connectivity wifi and wired 

i think he is full of shit, the wii u can do more. the psvita and ps3 combo wont be used that much, so his entire statement holds very list weight.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
While he may be techically correct, the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 will not be used like the Wii U on a wide scale because no developer can count on a PS3/PS4 owner having a PS Vita and vice versa. On top of that, the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined.

"the Wii U will probably be in a price range where the unit as a whole is close to half the price of the PS Vita and PS3/PS4 combined."

vita = $250, ps3 = $300 vita + ps3 = $550 / 2 = $225

i highly doubt the wii u will be this cheap i'd say probably  $350 - $400 

then if we factor in price drops of $50 - $100 off the ps3 before the wii u launches vita + ps3 = $450 - $500 ( which is much closer than your estimate )

i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350

also the ps3/vita thing depends on which version is gotten right

vita = $250, ps3 = $300 vita + ps3 = $550 / 2 = $225

vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325

though regardless, if your really looking for that dual screen experience the wiiU is built around it so i see that as being the better bet.

"vita 3g= $300, ps3-320gig = $350(ithink) vita + ps3 = $650 / 2 = $225=325"

ps3s cost $300 now and i expect that the price will drop to $250 or $200 before the wii u launches

the wifi model is the most popular model ( among the comments i've seen) thats how i arrived at this $550 or $450 after price drops

also "i dont really think the wiiu will be 400, im thinking 300-350" really? the controller itself looks like it could cost over $100... ereaders like the kindle with black and white display, no cams, mics etc cost over $100 already is it really likely the controller on this thing will be less? and thats just the controller then theres the fact that nintendo prefers to gain profit  on their consoles unlike sony and microsoft

you think the controller cdosts over 100? i highly doubt that.

you can't pack that much features into a device and not expect its price to rise substantially as i said before ebook readers with far less features cost over $100

there must be a reason that nintendo ( known for profiting on most or all things they sell ) are reluctant to answer whether they will be available for retail

Ebook readers with far more features can also be picked up for less than $100 today, and likely will be far less in 18 months (when the Wii U is released) ...

Most ebook readers are expensive because they're based off of e-ink, but the noname manufactured color lcd touchscreen ebook readers are actually very inexpensive.

please provide me with an example... an example of what i described is the kindle - black and white screen, no touch, no cam, no mic etc still over $100

$89: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=039114 

$60: http://www.dinodirect.com/ebook-readers-2gb-e7001.html?cur=CAD&AFFID=67

Edit: By the way, the kindle is the worst counter to my point ... It is a name brand ebook reader that is based on e-ink.

On top of that, the Kindle also demonstrates exactly my point about how quickly the price of components in these markets come down in price. What was once nearly $500 is now worse than what they are selling for slightly more than $100; and in 2 years what they're selling for $60 to $80 will probably be far better than we can by for $100 today.

theres a huge disparity between a device that only has a screen, memory and a few buttons in  comparison to a device which has accelerometers, mics, a cam, touchscreen, sensor bar etc 

"Ebook readers with far more features can also be picked up for less than $100 today"

you still haven't demonstrated that as the cheapest device you linked while impressive at that price doesn't have half the features of the wii u controller

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i think he is full of shit, the wii u can do more. the psvita and ps3 combo wont be used that much, so his entire statement holds very list weight.

what does the wii u do ( that we know of so far ) that the combo would be unable to achieve? 

I agree...while the Wii U looks interested and I applaud Nintendo for "catching up" on the HD aspect of gaming, it seems very gimicky.  I don't consider it a "new" system...more of a revamp.  The vita will dominate!

We should leave this thread here, wait a year and a hlaf, and return to see all the Sony fans quiet

o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
o_O.Q said:
cyberninja45 said:
Mr Khan said:
cyberninja45 said:

IN one sentence

"The ps3 cannot stream HD content to vita wirelessly"

quick question does the wii u controller output HD? go research that then you'll realise how what you just posted makes no sense

"So in a nutshell"

• The picture quality will be degraded. ( the same as with the wii u ) 
  • U cannot play your games online ( this point lost me how? )
"So since the PS3 is using the 802.11g to transmit lower quality video ( LIKE THE WII U ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK ITS USING 802.11 ) this means it cannot connect to the internet or use the internet for anything else. i asked this above but how? the ps3 has 2 methods of online connectivity wifi and wired 

funny thing is, although the wiiU controller has a much bigger screen than vita, it has a much lower resoltion too (854x480). PSV's screen is qHD (960x540).

so no matter what the psVITA will be having the higher picture quality becuase it has higher pixel density, higher resolution, and is OLED.

also the VITA is wayyy more powerful than then WIIU controller, the PSV by its self can produce similar visuals to the ps3, nintendo made it very clear that their controller is tied to the wii and cant stand on its on. PSV has its own proccessing. 

so actually the PSV should do this better. it has higher qualtiy visual, motion sensors, high resoltion camras, 2 multi touch screens/pads (not a capacative screen). PSV has analog stick, wiiU doesnt, it has those sliding nubs. also PSV is much more ergonomic, wiiU is a giant rectangle, that is not at all practical for extended gaming sessions, buttons (especially the "triggers" if you can call them that) will be hard to reach/use.

trasharmdsister12 said:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

if this was last yr i wouldn't have minded all the info but that while informative was information overload.

thanks and i think we both can agree its not important enough for Sony to focus resources to implement the 2 devices on that level, but also that doesn't mean they won't, but it does seem like they want the 2 products to work together while still maintaining there innovative deferences.

Well I was trying to clear up some of the technical stuff that people were putting assumptions to and discussing (on both sides). This post wasn't solely directed at you... only the first bit about 3G was for you in particular. I was just trying to inform or give people an idea of the bigger picture of what goes on in these dev cycles.

I'm not going to make any assumptions on how Nintendo is going to implement these features or if Sony will or won't put extra dev resources into said features, but I will logically conjecture that Nintendo most likely will specialize hardware and software techniques for these features while Sony probably won't. I've laid out my reasons for why above. Either way, I'm excited on hearing more info from both companies regarding their potential gaming plans.

i was kidding, but i do agree and thanks again.

to bad this thread will continue with useless banter.