By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Fable: The Journey Deteriorate the Fable Franchise Even Further?

When Fable: The Journey was shown to the gaming community during E3 2011, I personally couldn’t  believe the direction Lionhead Studios was taking Fable in. And let me make my opinion clear from the start: I couldn’t believe how bad that direction was. Fable: The Journey seemingly scrapped every part of Fable that made the series good, and replaced each element with something new in hopes of putting that “spark” back into the series. But with the direction Lionhead Studios is taking Fable in, Fable: The Journey just may do the opposite to the dying series. But the series wasn’t always “dying”, in fact the series actually just recently turned for the worst. And with Fable already going in a downward spiral due to the third installment in the franchise, Fable: The Journey just may be the final nail in the coffin for the series.

Read the rest (Too long of an article): http://360informer.com/2011/07/will-fable-the-journey-deteriorate-the-franchise-even-further/

Around the Network

it will be seen as a spin off and thus be mostly immune criticism. as long as fable 4 comes at a reasonable interval the journey will be completely forgotten about.

kitler53 said:
it will be seen as a spin off and thus be mostly immune criticism. as long as fable 4 comes at a reasonable interval the journey will be completely forgotten about.

I hope it's a spin off. And if it is, I hope Fable 4 doesn't contain the same game play. If it does, I'm calling quits on the series.

lol how?

Well I am going to give it more time. I vaguely saw the Peter Molyneux had said that he was very disappointed with the way it was shown so hopefully they will get it right this time, as I wasn't hugely impressed by either Fable II or III

Around the Network

Yes, but fear not. Peter will apologize profusely and promise that the next game will change the world as we know it.

is that your website you are always linking to cause the thing fucking sucks.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
is that your website you are always linking to cause the thing fucking sucks.

It isn't that bad, however it will get annoying if he keeps linking towards it. 

I love how they call it "The Journey" as if you are playing this epic adventure game with unlimited freedom rather than a dumbed down on rails hack and slash.

No... Though, The second one was a big step forward I liked it a lot. The 3rd one was a step back. But franchises like mario, zelda, and Final fantasy, metal gear, deus ex. have all had missteps. Imo

There's crappy Mario Spinoffs. Or the Zelda Links Crossbow, or some FF spinoffs... I don't think crappy spinoffs affects them much. It ultimately will be up to if fable 4 is mediocre or not.