By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pasta strainer now official religious headwear

The hate towards religion is flat-out ridiculous here...

OT: Whatever makes him happy. If he truly believes in his religion and thinks that wearing a pasta strainer is a way to express his faith, then so be it. If however, he is doing so just to mock religion, then he's an obnoxious depressive asshole.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
What an obssesive depressed asshole

and who are you to question his faith?

I dont follow any church, and if these guy is willing to go trough all this just to show he is proud of his mockery than he really is depressed and sad. And an asshole as well !

if you don't follow a church, then why do you even care?

I dont, I justs stated my opinnion

then don't refer to it as facts

Refer to what?

to your opinion

its not an opinnion its a fact. Its my opinnion (and its most likely true) that he is a obssesive and depressed ashole, but its a fact that he is willing to go trough all this just to show he is proud of his mockery, and that his ''faith'' is one of the most ridicilous things on this planet

You just keep dodging the subject, you say you do not care when you obviously do, but you do not reveal why you care, probably because his religion makes you realize how it does not in the slightest differ from any other religion in this world, and by judging his, you judge your own.

your arguments keep going in circles and in the end they only contain insults and hate for somene who does not believe the same thing as you. now tell me, does your religion condone that?

dosn't that make you the same as what you attribute to him?

Jesus was willing to be cruzified for his mockery of established religions. do you think he was a sad depressed asshole too?

No, you do. I do not care in the slightest for this retard, but when I get quoted, I tend to answer. Doesnt mean that I care, like you would like to think. And you dont seem to have the slightest clue about my, or from the looks of things, any religion for that matter when you compare other religions with his ''religion''. The only reason you defend him is because you wanna convince yourself Christianity is just as stupid as his ''religion''.

And Jesus was crucified for mocking other religions ? Damn, I know that as an internet atheist/agnostic you like to be more sacreligious than irreligious, but at least go learn the most basic stuff about the religion you're comparing with pastafranisam

i tell you what. i am sure there are a thread about football or baseball or some other sport i don't care about in this forum. and you will not find a post from me that insults any of the players of that sport or even state that i do not care about that sport.

and that is how not to care. if you wouldn't care you wouldn't still be answering. you only answer because you care, because you need to justify your own believes.

but again, i get nothing but hate from you. Is that how christians supposed to act? is it? is that the teaching of Jesus christ? please tell me, because i do not know the basics of your religion.

Sport is a matter of taste, this article isn't. I read the article and posted a 5 words long post and i was finished. But when I get quoted I tend to replay back. And I was only answering to you when you started comparing Christianity to his ''belief'', and thus, totally show your ignorance on one of the most basic teachings of the religion. Thats what I was answering to, at leat on the 2nd page. If I actually cared about the guy, you would probably see me posting a much larger post and quoting some of the people that support/are okay with him. And hate? Wow, you need to learn the true meaning of the word hate, and how big that word is actually. I do not, even in the slightest bit of way shape or form hate you or him.

Vetteman94 said:
Player1x3 said:

My sentiments exactly for anyone who has a faith

Thats funny, because faith isnt tied to only religious faith. i  am sure that somewhere during the course of your life you had/have/will have faith in something, but if you wanna call yourself like mentioned above, go ahead

Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Player1x3 said:

and who are you to question his faith?

I dont follow any church, and if these guy is willing to go trough all this just to show he is proud of his mockery than he really is depressed and sad. And an asshole as well !

if you don't follow a church, then why do you even care?

I dont, I justs stated my opinnion

then don't refer to it as facts

Refer to what?

to your opinion

its not an opinnion its a fact. Its my opinnion (and its most likely true) that he is a obssesive and depressed ashole, but its a fact that he is willing to go trough all this just to show he is proud of his mockery, and that his ''faith'' is one of the most ridicilous things on this planet

You just keep dodging the subject, you say you do not care when you obviously do, but you do not reveal why you care, probably because his religion makes you realize how it does not in the slightest differ from any other religion in this world, and by judging his, you judge your own.

your arguments keep going in circles and in the end they only contain insults and hate for somene who does not believe the same thing as you. now tell me, does your religion condone that?

dosn't that make you the same as what you attribute to him?

Jesus was willing to be cruzified for his mockery of established religions. do you think he was a sad depressed asshole too?

No, you do. I do not care in the slightest for this retard, but when I get quoted, I tend to answer. Doesnt mean that I care, like you would like to think. And you dont seem to have the slightest clue about my, or from the looks of things, any religion for that matter when you compare other religions with his ''religion''. The only reason you defend him is because you wanna convince yourself Christianity is just as stupid as his ''religion''.

And Jesus was crucified for mocking other religions ? Damn, I know that as an internet atheist/agnostic you like to be more sacreligious than irreligious, but at least go learn the most basic stuff about the religion you're comparing with pastafranisam

i tell you what. i am sure there are a thread about football or baseball or some other sport i don't care about in this forum. and you will not find a post from me that insults any of the players of that sport or even state that i do not care about that sport.

and that is how not to care. if you wouldn't care you wouldn't still be answering. you only answer because you care, because you need to justify your own believes.

but again, i get nothing but hate from you. Is that how christians supposed to act? is it? is that the teaching of Jesus christ? please tell me, because i do not know the basics of your religion.

Sport is a matter of taste, this article isn't. I read the article and posted a 5 words long post and i was finished. But when I get quoted I tend to replay back. And I was only answering to you when you started comparing Christianity to his ''belief'', and thus, totally show your ignorance on one of the most basic teachings of the religion. Thats what I was answering to, at leat on the 2nd page. If I actually cared about the guy, you would probably see me posting a much larger post and quoting some of the people that support/are okay with him. And hate? Wow, you need to learn the true meaning of the word hate, and how big that word is actually. I do not, even in the slightest bit of way shape or form hate you or him.

and i ask you who are you to question someone elses faith and you still have not given an answer. And you still have not answered how christianity condones your behavior. and yet you still go on ranting and ranting. you call someone a sad depressed asshole and tell me there is no hate in these words? who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

padib said:
Porcupine_I said:

and i ask you who are you to question someone elses faith and you still have not given an answer. And you still have not answered how christianity condones your behavior. and yet you still go on ranting and ranting. you call someone a sad depressed asshole and tell me there is no hate in these words? who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?

Take a look at my post. I think you should have your answer settled there. For your information what Player does with his belief is of no concern to you. For all you know he may be a professing but not practicing believer. What business is that of yours? All in all Christianity encourages freedom of belief and respect for the faith of others. As an example, google Paul preaching in Athens. It also teaches against hypocrisy and futile (vain) behavior. Christianity doesn't teach the use of vulgar language but of a good repute. If Player wants to make use of those words it's his prerogative, and it may or may not concord with the teachings of his faith.

the thread was pretty lighthearted until player had to come here spreading his insults , and i did question this behavior. what is wrong about that? 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
padib said:
Porcupine_I said:
padib said:
Porcupine_I said:

Take a look at my post. I think you should have your answer settled there. For your information what Player does with his belief is of no concern to you. For all you know he may be a professing but not practicing believer. What business is that of yours? All in all Christianity encourages freedom of belief and respect for the faith of others. As an example, google Paul preaching in Athens. It also teaches against hypocrisy and futile (vain) behavior. Christianity doesn't teach the use of vulgar language but of a good repute. If Player wants to make use of those words it's his prerogative, and it may or may not concord with the teachings of his faith.

the thread was pretty lighthearted until player had to come here spreading his insults , and i did question this behavior. what is wrong about that? 

I understand. And me too, I wish things were more light-hearted and less offensive on these kinds of topics. I don't disagree with questioning his behavior, it's more the fact that you use his faith against him, that's not fair. For all we know he may not even be practicing. You see what I mean though? Freedom goes both ways.

the thing is, it seems i can have a civilized conversation with you, and that makes me much more inclined to respect your believes. do you see what i mean?

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Player1x3 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Player1x3 said:

My sentiments exactly for anyone who has a faith

Thats funny, because faith isnt tied to only religious faith. i  am sure that somewhere during the course of your life you had/have/will have faith in something, but if you wanna call yourself like mentioned above, go ahead

Well I obviously meant religious faith, as you seemed to pick up on it without a problem.  I did have faith once, but then I realized it was nothing but lies and a way to get money.

padib said:
Porcupine_I said:

the thing is, it seems i can have a civilized conversation with you, and that makes me much more inclined to respect your believes. do you see what i mean?

For sure. And I respect the points of view of alot of other people so much more when it's done with honest respect. But I worked so much at this man. I just moved to a new city last August, none of my family lives here. I changed living places 3 times, had a devastating rebound relationship and now I live on the most versatile street in the city, where parties go on day in day out, and I'm loving it. But to be able to do all that and cope you need to be able to take people as they are and stand your ground only on the essential points and where I can make a lasting difference and grow my friendships. If that part of my personality I can share with you, I did more than what I hoped for.

The most important part in these topics, even the joke ones, is the ability to joke about one's self (me in this case), and when joking of another it's really important to do it with care because you don't want to offend. If there was a thread moking atheism, out of respect for some of you I probably wouldn't join in the party. Then again if I built enough trust with the closest ones I would give myself the liberty to poke fun, but never as a wayto degrade or hurt them.

And it takes lots of patience with yourself and with your peers. That's key.

you know that sounds to me, like you saying i offended someone but player did not? it was not me who carried the insults into this thread. maybe you should talk to him about this?

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Regetti is definitely some interesting music connected with Pastafaris.

padib said:
Player1x3 said:

And hate? Wow, you need to learn the true meaning of the word hate, and how big that word is actually. I do not, even in the slightest bit of way shape or form hate you or him.

I'll speak for myself here. I don't hate him one single bit, I actually feel sorry for him. But the truth is, the attitude of disrespect towards religion by him, and towards Christianity by some here is something I find unacceptable.

You cannot disrespect by age, race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. You can tease maybe, but not disrespect. It should be considered offensive. It's not because I'm Christian that you have more leeway to step on my basics rights of freedom of belief. If you advocate for his freedom of belief, you fail to realize that the purpose of his religion is that of mockery. Churchgoers of pastafarianism are almost all proclaimed atheists (realize this isn't the first time I see this article). In other words there is no legitimate belief there, it is fake, because by definition an atheist does not believe in anything metaphysical. Their deity, the flying spaghetti monster, is not an entity in which they profess to believe other than with vain words that they themselves do not even believe. The point is to show that belief is absurd, and that in and of itself is not a belief. A practice yes, but not a belief. There is no faith involved there, and so they do not fit in the category advocating freedom of belief. They fit in the basic category of freedom of expression, but that, as many of us know, has been over-used for evil purposes. There is a saying that says "The freedom of one's rights is the infringement of those of another." Don't infringe on my freedom if you have no right to.

Also, why is BBC so interested in broadcasting this kind of thing? I really don't trust them at all. If you're for doing things the right way and keeping away from religious bias, at least be neutral and keep away from anti-religious bias. Anything else is a position of hypocrisy.

You claim there should be no disrespect for religious beliefs,  yet you make no comment of the disrespect for Atheists?  

Also you claim you feel sorry for this person, Why?   What is there to feel sorry for?