By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - RATE Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2! (The final film in The Potter Saga!!)

Rate Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2

1 -- ITS T3H SUXORZZZ...TWILIGHT BETTER! 4 4.82%

2 -- A very bad film, a f... 0 0%

3 -- The score no-one usually picks 1 1.20%

4 -- Below average 1 1.20%

5 -- Average 1 1.20%

6 -- The score no-one usually picks 4 4.82%

7 -- A ok movie..could've been much better! 8 9.64%

8 -- A good movie..most s... 27 32.53%

9 -- A great movie...close to perfection! 26 31.33%

10 -- The greatest movie of all time! 11 13.25%

Total:83
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Great film but nowhere near as good as other saga finale's like Return Of The King, Return Of The Jedi, Revenge Of The Sith etc

Now Darth, I know you're a big new trilogy fan, but Revenge of the Sith doesn't deserve to be on that list. It didn't improve on the weaknesses of the entire new trilogy and added a few more, especially given how they pratically destroyed the conception that the old trilogy created of Darth Vader with the fight in Mustafar. 

RotS is probably the best of the three new trilogy movies (although my personal favourite is Phantom Menace, mainly because of the best fight scene in every star wars movie with one of the best songs as well, Duel of the Fates and the Pod Race), but it's miles away from the quality of Return of the Jedi and Return of the King. 

Also, how would you rate Alan Rickman's performance?

Thats your opinion though, Revenge Of The Sith more than deserves to be on that list for me. On Phantom menace, I will always be attached to it more as it was my first Star Wars movie and had the same effect on me that Star Wars (1977) had on its generation of kids, I hold Phantom Menace as the single movie that got me into watching films big time so I'll always be most attached to it out of any film ever. Anyway I don't want to debate Star Wars here because this is a Harry Potter review thread, we debate star wars in basically every other movie thread!

Alan Rickman was very good in parts that he was in, especially the pensieve bits. Not sure if it deserves an oscar nomination though.

@shinobi

Yes the flow felt really off in parts and felt like get a move on already at times to woah slow down at times.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Great film but nowhere near as good as other saga finale's like Return Of The King, Return Of The Jedi, Revenge Of The Sith etc

Now Darth, I know you're a big new trilogy fan, but Revenge of the Sith doesn't deserve to be on that list. It didn't improve on the weaknesses of the entire new trilogy and added a few more, especially given how they pratically destroyed the conception that the old trilogy created of Darth Vader with the fight in Mustafar. 

RotS is probably the best of the three new trilogy movies (although my personal favourite is Phantom Menace, mainly because of the best fight scene in every star wars movie with one of the best songs as well, Duel of the Fates and the Pod Race), but it's miles away from the quality of Return of the Jedi and Return of the King. 

I'm sorry Revenege of the sith is by far the most epic movie I have ever seen. I rate Harry Potter a 9/10 because it was simply amazing and Daniel Radicliifs and Alan's Rickman's performance was just stunning

i gave it a 8, the best hp movie by far and its light years ahead of any of the lord of the ring movies, cant stand those movies at all.
@darth ,if u would have put for the 9 score just great i would have given it that score instead.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Thats your opinion though, Revenge Of The Sith more than deserves to be on that list for me. On Phantom menace, I will always be attached to it more as it was my first Star Wars movie and had the same effect on me that Star Wars (1977) had on its generation of kids, I hold Phantom Menace as the single movie that got me into watching films big time so I'll always be most attached to it out of any film ever. Anyway I don't want to debate Star Wars here because this is a Harry Potter review thread, we debate star wars in basically every other movie thread!

Alan Rickman was very good in parts that he was in, especially the pensieve bits. Not sure if it deserves an oscar nomination though.

@shinobi

Yes the flow felt really off in parts and felt like get a move on already at times to woah slow down at times.

To be completely honest, my personal opinion is that the expanded universe far outweighs anything created in the movies, both the old and the new trilogy. While the movies are great (I love the old and the new trilogy alike, though I distinctly prefer the old much more), the KOTOR series, in terms of story-telling and epic feeling of the force is unmatched. 

I don't think Alan Rickman would get an oscar nomination even if he did the best performance of an actor ever. These type of movies and characters don't nominations from the academy in the categories of acting performance.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

dsage01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I'm sorry Revenege of the sith is by far the most epic movie I have ever seen. I rate Harry Potter a 9/10 because it was simply amazing and Daniel Radicliifs and Alan's Rickman's performance was just stunning

Revenge of the Sith did have some pretty good epic set-pieces like the battle with Grievous, Order 66 in Kashyyyk, the destruction of the Jedi Temple and Anakin's moment of turning to the dark side.

My main grievance with RotS is that the build up of the character of Darth Vader in the movie didn't match up a lot with both the old trilogy and how they were portraying it in the new trilogy. They completely cast aside the whole "the one to bring balance to the force" profecy, the high chancellor/emperor Palpatine interactions were poor, given that Palpatine was supposedly leading him on the dark path (that wasn't well conveyed in the RotS, they did a better, much subtler job on Attack of the Clones) and the scene were Anakin snaps at Padme could have been done much better. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

9/10 ..definitely the best Harry Potter movie

The pacing felt off compared to the book. It was a great movie, but it wasn't quite as strong as the 7th book was comparably

I agree with Darth who said that Molly's big moment was shortchanged, very much so. The whole "Not my daughter you bitch!" line was like one of the most powerful in the series, but it was barely a side-note here. Fred getting demoted to an off-screen death was pretty bad too.

I counted a few standing ovations: when Neville killed Nagini, when they transitioned to the epilogue, when Voldemort died, and when Ron and Hermione kissed in the Chamber of Secrets, and the battle was suitably epic, especially in head-exploding IMAX

I noticed that sneaky Harry/Hermione shipper Yates had Harry and Hermione as more prominently displayed in the final shot than Ron was

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The movie is incredible! I'll give the film an 8/10, though if rating Deathly Hallows as a whole (part 1 & 2) then it gets a 9. I really hope that they decide to release the complete 4 1/2 hour film at the cinemas.... I'd go see it.... with an intermission hopefully :P .

Also, not that it matters, but I expect Part 2 to get a few oscar nominations... perhaps even best picture :D. I can really only think of one major contender at this time... Steven Spielberg's War Horse. I'd love to see a harry potter film get a best picture nod ^_^.

I'll see it on Thursday in super expensive 3D!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
I'll see it on Thursday in super expensive 3D!

Do they dub those films for Japanese theatrical release, or what?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.