By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Getting RAVE REVIEWS (Best reviews In the HP Saga!)

Best Harry Potter movie ever made and one of the best final movies of a saga ever made as well. Everything was thoroughly executed (except for the parts referring to older books/movies that weren't in those movies, wouldn't make any sense to put them in this one) and the siege of Hogwarts was trully an epic battle.

Major laughs at the ending though, the four of them in their 35/36 year old form were hilarious xD.

Oh and Alan Rickman's performance? Like Ron would put it = Brilliant! 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Best Harry Potter movie ever made and one of the best final movies of a saga ever made as well. Everything was thoroughly executed (except for the parts referring to older books/movies that weren't in those movies, wouldn't make any sense to put them in this one) and the siege of Hogwarts was trully an epic battle.

Major laughs at the ending though, the four of them in their 35/36 year old form were hilarious xD.

How does it compare with ROTK?

sapphi_snake said:
It's amazing that it's getting such rave reviews. I gotta admit, after the atrocious Part 1, I was not expecting this. Too bad they waited 'till the very end to bring on the quality filmmaking (the whole movie series was not terribly impressive as a whole). Can't wait to see this!

It was quite weak, I agree. Out of all of them, I like only 1,2, and 4. Didn't see any of the 7s after suffering through 6.

Xen said:
sapphi_snake said:
It's amazing that it's getting such rave reviews. I gotta admit, after the atrocious Part 1, I was not expecting this. Too bad they waited 'till the very end to bring on the quality filmmaking (the whole movie series was not terribly impressive as a whole). Can't wait to see this!

It was quite weak, I agree. Out of all of them, I like only 1,2, and 4. Didn't see any of the 7s after suffering through 6.

6 is the worst yeah, a shame cus it was the best book (tied with 4)

I like 4 and 5 the most, despite 5 being the worst book the movie was done well.

but see both Part 7's!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mordred11 said:
lestatdark said:

How does it compare with ROTK?

Overall, I think Deathly Hallows was better executed than ROTK, even though Part 2 covered for a lot of faults that Part 1 had, plus Part 2 didn't suffer from the same fate of ROTK, which was to have a massively extended ending sequence after the main action itself (which was, as I recall, the main criticism of ROTK).

Acting quality was all there in the main characters (though no one comes as close as to Alan Rickman's performance) and some were even surprising, like Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) or Maggie Smith (Minerva Mcgonagall) because they were pitch perfect with their book counterparts.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
n_nod2012 said:
Aldro, that is pretty much how the book goes. You can't just change things from the book to make them look cooler. But you probably haven't read the books so you didn't know how it went. But now you know.

Ive read the book but that was three years ago mate. I wish I didn't because I pretty much knew how it all was going to play out.

But I always thought that the deflection of his own spell would (after the expelliarmus disarming him) somewhat throw Voldy back, and not just.. Oh.. my wand is gone... IM DYING ..O_O

I guess it played a bit differently in my head as I read the book xD. Didn't like how they died either, the whole going into ..smoke shit or whatever xP.

darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
I hope this movie beats Avatar as it just seems well deserved for the #1 spot imo.

It would have to almost triple the gross HP films usually make. Thats an impossible target.

Avatar 2 can top avatar, nothing else.

No it can't, avatar got what it got from 3D being the new ting (I don't care how well it was done!)

Avatar is pretty crap in itself. Avatar 2 won't even reach top 5.

I'm not going until Sunday so i can go for free (my dormitory offered 30 free tickets, and no-one around here seems to care about anything, so i easily made it on the list)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Part 1 dissapoints me. But this sounds promising.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
I hope this movie beats Avatar as it just seems well deserved for the #1 spot imo.

It would have to almost triple the gross HP films usually make. Thats an impossible target.

Avatar 2 can top avatar, nothing else.

No it can't, avatar got what it got from 3D being the new ting (I don't care how well it was done!)

Avatar is pretty crap in itself. Avatar 2 won't even reach top 5.

The chances are low I agree, I checked numbaers and yeah after a massive breakout hit the sequel never does as well (Empire Strikes Back, Spider-Man 2 etc). But your under-estimating Avatars positive word of mouth, the kids and tons of people loved it (IMBD rating is high too), I don't know why its so insanely adored but it is (thought it was a good film but camerons worst).

I think it'll easily get into the Top 5 though unless it sees ticket sales declines of over a half from avatar which would be hilarious but just unlikely given Avatar had mostly a positive word of mouth. Finally I have faith it'll be a excellent movie cus Cameron's track record with sequels is impeccable (Terminator 2 and Aliens!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey