By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Transformers 3 Already the highest grossing movie of 2011 in the U.S so far!!!

Do you like the Transformers trilogy?

Yes 7 36.84%

It's ok 2 10.53%

No 3 15.79%

The first movie was ok but enough already 1 5.26%

Hate all three and Michae... 6 31.58%

Total:19

Can someone please explain the appeal of these movies. Maybe its because I never watched the cartoon as a kid and I'm more of a horror fan, but the movies beside part 1 have gotten horrible reviews and people still keep flocking to them. It has already passed Hangover 2 with over 260 million to become the highest grossing movie so far this year! Whats next for this franchise, Transformers vs Gobots? Maybe Transformers vs. Transmorphers!!!! It's pretty sad that the only horror movie I have to look forward to this summer is a remake of Fright Night!

Around the Network

The visuals are unmatched.... and hot chicks

That's all I can think of

As a long time Transformers fanatic (since very early childhood), I really do love the Transformers Movies.

I'm a guy who looks for intense action, explosions and epic battles in any entertainment whether it be games or movies, watever. Transformers gives me exactly that and Dark Of The Moon is my favorite in the series and is my favorite movie of the year.

I'd also like to add... Optimus Prime is an absolute STAR!!! Prime 4ever!

The second one was a disaster. A complete mess. I got a headache watching it :/

.... and I don't remember what the first one was about.

Oh you mean in America? I thought you meant Worldwide i was about to say damn lol.

Around the Network

I love the cartoons and thing these movies are borderline garbage. So don't look at old school transformers fans if you want to blame someone for the success of this franchise.

Only thing that could have saved part 3 is having Megatron stomp on Shia Lebufs face...and that didn't happen so...

I hate it when people think the US=WW. Its only the #1 movie in the US, worldwide on Stranger Tides still leads by almost 400 million$. Yeah, I know its not much better but still

Transformers was and always will be utter crap. As a cartoon as a movie as an IP. People like crap... its easy as that

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

disolitude said:
I love the cartoons and thing these movies are borderline garbage. So don't look at old school transformers fans if you want to blame someone for the success of this franchise.

Only thing that could have saved part 3 is having Megatron stomp on Shia Lebufs face...and that didn't happen so...

Watch the cartoons again... the third movie is basically the exact same as a story line from the cartoons. Although the lines in the cartoons are a lot cheesiers.... "You Decpta-bums!!!"

IMO the movies capture the essence of the cartoons perfectly.

Shit blows up.

Summer Holidays + Kids = $$$$