By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do we exist,GOD or BIG BANG theory?

Who created everything?

GOD 184 41.82%

BIG BANG 251 57.05%

Total:435

God created Life. That`s, to me, the important part. How? There aren`t many details.
This is more a spiritual issue than a scientifical one - given it`s implications. The question is: do you have faith?

If you are really having questions about this or other issues regarding God, i advise you to humbly open your heart and you will find the answers you are looking for.

Around the Network
Rath said:
sapphi_snake said:
Neither. Realistically though, people can do nothing more than make assumptions (granted, some assumptions are more probable than others).

Or they can create a hypothesis, use that hypothesis to make predictions and then test those predictions. It's called the scientific method and it is what the Big Bang Theory is based on.

correct

prophecies and predictions are actually the same

Badassbab said:
snakenobi said:

Religion is based upon what some group of people think about GOD which is wrong as its based of life of the people who formed it and how they envision life and world

GOD which we are talking about is the higher power which nobody can explain not what religion talk about.

even scientist will believe there is some higher power as whatever they prove should have come from somewhere

But the God you're talking about didn't come from nowhere. It came from religion. Or more like it was one of the central pillers of ancient religions when humankind couldn't explain things such as thunder or comprehend infinity. The very fact you're talking about God is down to religion.

I've never read or watched a modern documentary where scientists say there is a higher purpose at work when they cannot explain something. They just continue to do what scientists do which is keep gathering data until they come to a conclusion.

yeah that GOD which religion is based upon is created by us

and the reason why you don't see scientists in documentary talking about higher power is that most of the time people don't think like that,its just when you sit back and compare the 2 ideas of creation,you get that their has to be something

people just close their minds and don't think out of line,sicnetist think there is a way to prove everything but which they don't really think of is where is came from

LuisPacheco said:
snakenobi said:
Metallicube said:

Can't it be both? My theory is that some higher power that we cannot comprehend, brought into motion the big bang theory. And the rest is history :P

that would be the concept of GOD,i agree here

but people who talk BIG BANG theory don't think GOD exist

The Big Bang Theory was originally proposed by Roman Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre.

"In the 1920s and 1930s almost every major cosmologist preferred an eternal Steady State Universe, and several complained that the beginning of time implied by the Big Bang imported religious concepts into physics."

My have times changed. Science "fact" in all actuality mainly science theory and is constantly changing. Religion remains mostly constant.

i like that about religion

If a god created the universe, then who created that god? I mean, if you're going to say that something is eternal, why not say matter is eternal and skip a step?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

and the reason why you don't see scientists in documentary talking about higher power is that most of the time people don't think like that,its just when you sit back and compare the 2 ideas of creation,you get that their has to be something

people just close their minds and don't think out of line,sicnetist think there is a way to prove everything but which they don't really think of is where is came from

There has never been any other God apart from the ones created by us. There are no other Gods to speak of or compare to.

Scientists believe in reason as well. They are not saying they can prove everything, if anything Science is more about discovery, collating information and further understanding what we already know. We humans are always trying to find answers, just give it time.

Maybe in our lifetime we may not know and maybe we will never know what started the big bang. But there is no proof, nor reason to believe it was a higher force at work. It's an idea plucked straight out of man made religions. If you had never even heard of the concept of God then the concept of a higher force at work may never have occurred to you.

Badassbab said:
snakenobi said:

There has never been any other God apart from the ones created by us. There are no other Gods to speak of or compare to.

Scientists believe in reason as well. They are not saying they can prove everything, if anything Science is more about discovery, collating information and further understanding what we already know. We humans are always trying to find answers, just give it time.

Maybe in our lifetime we may not know and maybe we will never know what started the big bang. But there is no proof, nor reason to believe it was a higher force at work. It's an idea plucked straight out of man made religions. If you had never even heard of the concept of God then the concept of a higher force at work may never have occurred to you.

yes you are right but that is not what the soceity believes in.

some people believe world was created around 2000 years when christ was alive

other timings with other religion and cultures

this is what i am talking that every culture has forrmed its own theory

yeah many scientist will say that they cannot prove everything but most scientist also have that rigid thinking os reason and think we will go back to dust.scientists are also made out of culture only

by higher force i don't mean GOD or a human but something which we just cannot comprehend now

and no need to get so feisty abt this,we are just discussing.we are giving science time to understand but we are talking based upon whats present and what was past and what we now think and will shape as our future

I believe God created the universe.

I should really stop reading threads like these on a forum such as this. When religious or supernatural thinking is given the same precedence as the scientific method something has gone horribly wrong.

Already in this thread there are some really dubious things being said that I honestly do not have the patience to correct. I'm just glad there are people with more patience than myself willing to contribute.

God blew up nothing. The End. Fuck the rest of you saying there is no God.