By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do we exist,GOD or BIG BANG theory?

Who created everything?

GOD 184 41.82%

BIG BANG 251 57.05%

Total:435
BULLDOGG said:

religion was created to control the masses. and Jesus was the greatest magician that ever lived.

and he was a jew.........................lol

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
BULLDOGG said:

religion was created to control the masses. and Jesus was the greatest magician that ever lived.

being a jew wasn't getting him no were. so he found a new gig.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

BULLDOGG said:
snakenobi said:
BULLDOGG said:

being a jew wasn't getting him no were. so he found a new gig.

yeah but they really rule the world

what turned me off to the whole god thing. was my boss. he is a big time christian. i told him when i was young and living in California. we lived at a apartment that had a pool in the middle of it. in the year we lived there i saved not one but two toddlers from drowning. and that would get me into heaven if it exsisted. he told me if i dont accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. i would go to hell no matter what i did. then i told him his god is not so awsome as he thinks he is. if he wasnt my wifes uncle. i would probably have been fired. lol but he is a good guy as long as you dont talk religion with him.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

Everything that lives is an attempt by "god" (the universe) to figure itself out.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network

Your poll is missing an options.

both.

God created rules everything is ordained to follow. God used Big Bang as the kick off.

No one created God, God has always existed and will continue to exist forever.
It is beyond comprehension!

Jay520 said:
Reasonable said:
No God described in any Earthly religion anyway, that's for sure - because every God so described (and there's a lot of them) clearly knew nothing about the Universe at all.

I'd also point out it's important to separate the notion of a Creator from a God. If you read Richard Dawkins, for example, you'll see despite being an ardent atheist he has no issue with the concept of an as yet unknown Creator; his beef is with clearly false and incorrect religions, their Gods and the notion of an afterlife.

So is there a Creator? Could be. Who knows, although in that direction we immediately hit the notion of who created the creator?

Was there a Big Bang of some form? Sure seems like it. All the observable evidence points to a Universe (or multiple Universes in some theories) with a definite start point.

So I'll vote Big Bang as by God I presume you mean God as defined in current religions and not a Creator unknown with no supernatural elements.

You always have the perfect posts.

I agree there is no god as portrayed in religion, but we can not know for sure what's exactly in the universe.

Yep, I agree with you two.

BULLDOGG said:

what turned me off to the whole god thing. was my boss. he is a big time christian. i told him when i was young and living in California. we lived at a apartment that had a pool in the middle of it. in the year we lived there i saved not one but two toddlers from drowning. and that would get me into heaven if it exsisted. he told me if i dont accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. i would go to hell no matter what i did. then i told him his god is not so awsome as he thinks he is. if he wasnt my wifes uncle. i would probably have been fired. lol but he is a good guy as long as you dont talk religion with him.

That's true, because if all you have to do is do good things, then people would do good things just to get into heaven, therefore making it a selfish act. But Jesus Crist was crucified so you could join him in heaven, he was whipped and stabbed and tortured so you could be saved. So when he did that for you, you would have to believe that he was the son of God to get into heaven. There is no good thing that you can do that is a better deed than getting crucifed and being sent to Hell for 3 days so the very people that are murdering you can be saved.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

BULLDOGG said:

I completely see your point, I also am surrounded by many religious people (Christian - my side of the family) (Muslim - wife's side of the family) but luckily most of them keep their beliefs to themselves and if the subject does come up are very open to other peoples (mostly mine) opinions and do not just dismiss it out of hand. I have to point out though that for my mother in law's side of the family (Pakistani) it is either see religion their way or no way at all which leads me to always hang out with the father in law's (Turkish) side at family get togethers. I am a white South African so we a nice mix of cultures going on.