By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Mario Need A Break???

Does Mario need a Break???

Yes 44 27.85%

No 99 62.66%

See results 15 9.49%

Total:158

I don't believe so. To me mario is just an image that you can stamp on any kind of game, so technically it can't be milked unless the games are obviously too similiar.

Around the Network

No. Breaks are useful for franchises that are getting old and stale. Mario, however, remains consistently great year after year. I mean, just look at your list of Mario games. We have Mario 3DS, Kart, and Paper this year, Galaxy 2 last year, NSMBWii and Bowser's Inside Story in 2009, Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros in 2008, Galaxy in 2007, NSMB in 2006... every year he produces some of the top games for the Nintendo systems. Why on Earth should we tttell him to stop?

Love and tolerate.

I'd actually like to see more Mario games. NSMBWii was some of the most fun I had in years - I'd have even much preferred a sequel to that than of Galaxy. Most of the character's other franchises are also far from becoming stale and tired.

the character needs to chill, but that will not happen. He's the Mickey of video games. Put his face on anything and no matter how meh it is, it will sell well, looking at u sports mix. fortunately there are more hits than misses, even the spinoffs are good

idk they always seem to be quality games, i cant really say they need to slow down on the main series if the stay great. Though i will say that his decline in party games and such could give new ips and other series a better chance at getting more attention.

Around the Network

Yes he does.

The quality of Mario games are not only high, but also consistent, so as long as both of those are still at play, I vote no.

No. Paper Mario will make me buy a 3DS.

I think that Mario image will be my new sig!
With the main series diclined since the SNES and now seems like making a big comeback recently and the showing up of less spin-offs (well, some of it, the mediocre ones anyway), I'd say no!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

no i can't get enough of his platform games! if his games were crap then yes but they are grate games and the Galaxy games are the two greatest games this gen!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(