By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Mario Need A Break???

Does Mario need a Break???

Yes 44 27.85%

No 99 62.66%

See results 15 9.49%

Total:158
Immortal said:
Are you serious? Saying "there are too many Mario games" is ridiculous. Sure, they've all got the same plumber, but most Mario games are pretty darned different. Ideally, the IP or brand name attached shouldn't make a difference to anything and it should be the content of a game. (Of course, I don't personally follow this in the least so I suppose I shouldn't expect anyone else to.) The reason you should get tired of a brand like Mario and think it needs a break should be because the experience is becoming overused and stale. If you're trying to have any sort of objectivity in your argument, it'll be pretty clear that that's not the case with the entirety of the Mario as most gameplay styles are only used a handful of times a generation (2D/3D/Racing/etc.). Therefore, I'd have to conclude that, unless the brand name attached to a game matters more to you than gameplay and the like, you have no reason to think that Mario needs a break.

All i am saying is that Nintendo should start trying to make another or more better franchise than mario instead dumping 7-8 mario games a year.

And i know most mario games are dfferent but still its mario game. I just think Nintendo needs to stop puting his face on pratically all of there 1st party games.  :)

Around the Network
ThePS3News said:
Immortal said:
Are you serious? Saying "there are too many Mario games" is ridiculous. Sure, they've all got the same plumber, but most Mario games are pretty darned different. Ideally, the IP or brand name attached shouldn't make a difference to anything and it should be the content of a game. (Of course, I don't personally follow this in the least so I suppose I shouldn't expect anyone else to.) The reason you should get tired of a brand like Mario and think it needs a break should be because the experience is becoming overused and stale. If you're trying to have any sort of objectivity in your argument, it'll be pretty clear that that's not the case with the entirety of the Mario as most gameplay styles are only used a handful of times a generation (2D/3D/Racing/etc.). Therefore, I'd have to conclude that, unless the brand name attached to a game matters more to you than gameplay and the like, you have no reason to think that Mario needs a break.

All i am saying is that Nintendo should start trying to make another or more better franchise than mario instead dumping 7-8 mario games a year.

And i know most mario games are dfferent but still its mario game. I just think Nintendo needs to stop puting his face on pratically all of there 1st party games.  :)

People like to say Nintendo needs to make new IPs  and when they make new IPs  (which most just ignore), they don't even sell that well, excluding the Wii___line this gen.

"And i know most mario games are different"

Then what exactly is the problem? Mario somehow gets in the way of the gameplay experience? Your complaint would only be legitimate if Nintendo was making lots of Mario games a year of the same genre.

RolStoppable said:
ThePS3News said:

I dont think SE has even released 20 FF games this gen. Not unless your including the PSN classics and remakes.  :)

DS: 8

PSP: 8, plus one more upcoming.

360: Final Fantasy XI with various expansions, multiplat titles will only be counted in the PS3 tally.

PS3: 1, plus three more upcoming.

Wii: 6, excluding Virtual Console releases.

Plus several Mobile and iPhone titles. I am not sure why you would exclude remakes, those are games that actually took work to make.

So that's easily more than 20 FF games this generation and adding rereleases on the Wii's Virtual Console and PSN the number gets bumped up to close to 40 (or past it).

According to VGC your list is wrong.

Wii = 3

DS = 8 (excluding the remakes will make 6)

PSP = 8 (excluding the remakes will make 5) (type-0 will make 9 in total)

360 = 1

PS3 = 1 (3 on the way will make 4)

I am not including the phones since there not considerd game platforms.

So that brings our total with exactly 25 FF games this gen. Excluding the remakes will make 20. Compare that to all the Mario games this gen just on the Wii and Ds and its still less.  :)

ThePS3News said:
RolStoppable said:
ThePS3News said:

I dont think SE has even released 20 FF games this gen. Not unless your including the PSN classics and remakes.  :)

360: Final Fantasy XI with various expansions, multiplat titles will only be counted in the PS3 tally.

Plus several Mobile and iPhone titles. I am not sure why you would exclude remakes, those are games that actually took work to make.

So that's easily more than 20 FF games this generation and adding rereleases on the Wii's Virtual Console and PSN the number gets bumped up to close to 40 (or past it).

Wii = 3

360 = 1

So that brings our total with exactly 25 FF games this gen. Excluding the remakes will make 20. Compare that to all the Mario games this gen just on the Wii and Ds and its still less.  :)

Wii

• Super Mario Galaxy (2007)   - 3D platformer
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - 3D platformer
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football (2007) - Sport
  • Super Paper Mario (2007) - RPG
  • Mario Kart Wii (2008)  - Kart Racing
  • Mario Party 8 (2007)  - Board/party game
  • Mario Super Sluggers (2008) -Sport
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)- 2D platformer
  • New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (2009) -Sport
  • Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition (2010)- 2d platformers
  • Mario Sports Mix (2010)- Sport

DS

• Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009)- RPG
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005) -RPG
  • Mario Hoops: 3-on-3 (2006) - Sports
  • Mario Kart DS (2005) - Kart Racing
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (2006)- action
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem (2010)- Puzzle
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (2009) - Puzzle/Action
  • New Super Mario Bros. (2006)- 2D platformer
  • Super Mario 64 DS (2004) - 3D - 3D platformer
  • Mario Party DS (2007)- Board/Party game
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (2008)- Sport
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (2009)- Sport

RolStoppable said:
ThePS3News said:

Wii = 3

360 = 1

So that brings our total with exactly 25 FF games this gen. Excluding the remakes will make 20.  :)

I double checked and don't see any wrong information in what I posted. You can go check yourself, I've linked to the individual lists for each platform. I don't see why the three WiiWare games shouldn't count as they are all new games.

But anyway, even with your count we end up at 20 games which is enough to prove your previous statement wrong. That's all that matters.

Opps your right about Wiiware having FF games. mybad. So that will gives us 23 this gen excluding remakes.

My apolgies for my previous statement. Did not know the DS had all those ff games.  :)

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
ThePS3News said:
RolStoppable said:
ThePS3News said:

Wii = 3

360 = 1

Wii

• Super Mario Galaxy (2007)   - 3D platformer
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) - 3D platformer
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football (2007) - Sport
  • Super Paper Mario (2007) - RPG
  • Mario Kart Wii (2008)  - Kart Racing
  • Mario Party 8 (2007)  - Board/party game
  • Mario Super Sluggers (2008) -Sport
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)- 2D platformer
  • New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (2009) -Sport
  • Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition (2010)- 2d platformers
  • Mario Sports Mix (2010)- Sport

DS

• Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009)- RPG
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005) -RPG
  • Mario Hoops: 3-on-3 (2006) - Sports
  • Mario Kart DS (2005) - Kart Racing
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (2006)- action
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem (2010)- Puzzle
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (2009) - Puzzle/Action
  • New Super Mario Bros. (2006)- 2D platformer
  • Super Mario 64 DS (2004) - 3D - 3D platformer
  • Mario Party DS (2007)- Board/Party game
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (2008)- Sport
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (2009)- Sport

Dont forget Mario & Sonic at 2012 olympics and Mario party 9.  :)

If that supported StarFox, Luigi' (Luigi's Mansion ) like Mario it wouldn't be so bad.

ThePS3News you're kind of a dumbass you know that? A bit shady too with that "Digital Art" thread where "most of the Digital Art being shown is exclusive to the site only which means you will not be able to google or search it up unless you are a member of the site" when almost all were on DeviantART or this other random site with a ton of art.

I gladly await a ban.

Crona said:

ThePS3News you're kind of a dumbass you know that? A bit shady too with that "Digital Art" thread where "most of the Digital Art being shown is exclusive to the site only which means you will not be able to google or search it up unless you are a member of the site" when almost all were on DeviantART or this other random site with a ton of art.

I gladly await a ban.

If you read that thread correctly it cleary said "Most" were exclusive to the site. DeviantART is a partner to the website i work for so SOME of that work will be shown on other sites as well.

Maybe if you read and understand my threads correctly you will know not to makeup false infomation. :)

lol i was going to say no and then i saw the pic in the op and i wanted to just go and play any mario game there is, so god no

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.