By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrDebate- "Has the Wii succeded as a gaming console?" Find out soon...

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Dr_Jameo said:
Ok, if the side for supporting the view that the Wii has failed is lacking, I'll do that side (even though I personally don't think this).

And I can string a sentence or two together Darth, fear not.

That's OK. If you're undecided then we'll put you in the side which has the fewest participants in...maybe we should have more people in each side, maybe 3 instead of 2?

@Mr-Khan, yes, that's correct. It will be done beforehand, and people will be asked to vote on which side 'wins'

Then sign me up i guess

Cool! Which side would you like to be on again?

Whichever is the pro-Wii side (the semantics here are confusing)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Cool, I wanna join

*reads requirements*

Nevermind.

I'll debate if you absolutely NEED another person. My debate won't be of quality though.

Jay520 said:
Cool, I wanna join

*reads requirements*

Nevermind.

I'll debate if you absolutely NEED another person. My debate won't be of quality though.

Oh. That's a shame. You should look out and see if future topics are more your area!

@Mr Khan- that would be 'for' then.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Jay520 said:
Cool, I wanna join

*reads requirements*

Nevermind.

Future possibly more playstation orientated topics may be more to your interest.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Dr_Jameo said:
Ok, if the side for supporting the view that the Wii has failed is lacking, I'll do that side (even though I personally don't think this).

That's OK. If you're undecided then we'll put you in the side which has the fewest participants in...maybe we should have more people in each side, maybe 3 instead of 2?

@Mr-Khan, yes, that's correct. It will be done beforehand, and people will be asked to vote on which side 'wins'

Then sign me up i guess

"The WIi Has Succeeded As a Gaming Console"

For (yes it has succeeded) or against (no it hasn't)

I thought it was simple lol

But ok from next time the OP will make things more clear

Currently we plan to do this every alternate week.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:
radishhead said:
I'm going to collect some arguments together in advance just in case I'm on the team :)

Love to see the enthusiasm

Stuff like this makes us more likely to pick you over others!

Ermmmm.... mine is written already, actually, I had it before just in case there was a debate like this

Now this...this is commitment!

2 people it is then. I'll put some names in a hat and draw them out at random tommorow night then if you'd like. I'll do the 'Against' draw and you do the 'For' Draw. Is that cool? It seems like the fairest way...

And nic to have you on the team Savior X!

Yea, it should be fun!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

if you need extra people throw me on the for side

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

darthdevidem01 said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Dr_Jameo said:

Then sign me up i guess

"The WIi Has Succeeded As a Gaming Console"

For (yes it has succeeded) or against (no it hasn't)

I thought it was simple lol

But ok from next time the OP will make things more clear

Currently we plan to do this every alternate week.

Wait a second right there good sir I say! I thought this was a weekly thing, but we change the host every week, not something that happens once every 2 weeks...

DKHustlin said:
if you need extra people throw me on the for side

Nice! Which side would you like to be on, for or against?

Like I said earlier, the deadline is 7PM BST 

(This thread is quite nice. Thanks for all your support guys! We'll make sure to let you all know when, and what, future topics are).

Seeing that the title and message of the debate title has changed in form, I will confirm myself as For the argument that the Wii has succeeded as a console.
That said, if an against argument is flailing for members, I will give myself to it.

I can't really give credentials to whether I am a competent and willing debater other than my own word but I will confirm that I am ready to give a posts that meet to quality requirements and have frequently argued upon this particular topic...for both sides. Opinion having altered over the years.

The true test of any scholar's work is not what his contemporaries say, but what happens to his work in the next 25 or 50 years. - Milton Friedman.