By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Plus: One Year Later *analysis*

When I got my free month, I immediately added on a year subscription, knowing right away I would like it, and had thought about getting it for quite some time.

I've already beat several of the games, and put lots of hours towards stuff I've gotten from this.

My only complaint is honestly that I am getting too much stuff. For some reason, me being who I am, I feel compelled that I MUST beat every single one of these games. I have hardly been able to work on my actual disk games (that I am also very far behind on). Even without hardly doing anything on these games, I've been getting behind on the PS+ stuff. I think part of that has to do with the fact that in my first month, they have already offered so much free stuff it is unbelievable due to the psn outage.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
Bristow9091 said:
Well I haven't bought it yet, but if anything he hasn't calculated it right, since when you buy 12 months, you get 3 months free, which is even more bang for your buck...

I'll get around to buying Playstation+ eventually, just not now, my money is needed elsewhere (Unrelated to gaming)

That deal isn't going on in the United States, only Europe.

I'm pretty sure it is, because I just bought the 3 month package, and it said I got one month free on account of the PSN+ one year anniversary.

I didn't buy the full year because I wasn't sure if I would like it. And I'm really disappointed that I don't get to keep the free games unless I remain a member...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Playstation plus is alright,but it could be a whole lot better. The games that they offer as full game trials,need to be more recent. There free games and discounts also need to be more tempting. It's good if you don't buy alot of PSN games,like me but if do,then I can understand why PS plus would'nt be that tempting.

mysticwolf said:
Baalzamon said:
Bristow9091 said:
Well I haven't bought it yet, but if anything he hasn't calculated it right, since when you buy 12 months, you get 3 months free, which is even more bang for your buck...

I'll get around to buying Playstation+ eventually, just not now, my money is needed elsewhere (Unrelated to gaming)

I'm pretty sure it is, because I just bought the 3 month package, and it said I got one month free on account of the PSN+ one year anniversary.

I didn't buy the full year because I wasn't sure if I would like it. And I'm really disappointed that I don't get to keep the free games unless I remain a member...

Edit: I just looked under my services, and found the following.

Under my playstation plus service, it was activated on 6/4/11, and it says it will end on 7/3/12 (which includes the 12 month subscription + the 1 month free for the welcome back program.)

What I found odd is under my subscripion, it says it is a 12 month subscription, plus 3 bonus months, however.  So the automatic renewal date is acting like it is solely a 12 month subscription, but the subscription itself indicates I did receive bonus...so it should be ending on 10/3/12.  I'll be contacting Sony about that right now

mysticwolf said:
Baalzamon said:
Bristow9091 said:

you will have plenty of time to play those games anyways, and if u stop and buy the subscription again, the games continue to be playable. you also get to keep the games that are discounted.

Around the Network

Does anybody have data how many people actually subscribed to the service?
I doubt it will be more than 5 million.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Does anybody have data how many people actually subscribed to the service?
I doubt it will be more than 5 million.

Maybe no,but still 5 million is a lot.

Xenostar said:
Also OP didn't even mention the extra features you get from plus either, Automatic Download of Patches and firmwares while you sleep, and cloud storage for backing up your Save files, and with the promise of more features in the future it only get better,

Yeah the cloud saving is what finally one me over. Although I wish I had acted a few days earlier. I just missed out on Stacking and I really wanted it. :(

I agree, its worth it. but i am not into digital only content, so i shall pass on subsribing for the next months.
may change if they get some nice RPG stuff in there.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Ok, so the 3 month extra technically started June 28th and goes through July 11th I believe. The weirdest part about that, is I purchased my subscription on June 4th, but in the services, it says with 3 month bonus, but the 3 months aren't being added onto my actual subscription date.