By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Transformers 3 Hype

TruckOSaurus said:
ThePS3News said:
Going to see it Friday. I will be very curious on how exactly they explain how megan fox left the story and how the new girl became sam's new GF. :)

I hope they go about it the Austin Powers way. She pops cannons out of her boobs and explodes.  Then Sam goes to Optimus:

Sam : "Optimus, Megan was a Decepticon"

Optimus: "Yes we knew all along"

Nobody would buy that:  The Decepticons are far better actors... 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
ThePS3News said:
Going to see it Friday. I will be very curious on how exactly they explain how megan fox left the story and how the new girl became sam's new GF. :)

I hope they go about it the Austin Powers way. She pops cannons out of her boobs and explodes.  Then Sam goes to Optimus:

I'd be Ok with that. 

OT:

I'm starting to change my mind about seeing this, so I MIGHT go see it this Friday since I'm taking the day off. Only if I feel like sitting through another movie after X-Men: First Class.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

There is not a force in this world that could possibly get me to sit through another shitty Transformers movie. They're terrible in every way a movie can be terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

richardhutnik said:
Necromunda said:
richardhutnik said:
SosusOCR said:
Apparently its just more Dogshit just in a different paper bag

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/transformers-3-dark-of-the

Mr Bay isnt getting my $13

Pretty much.  And also, Rotten Tomatoes also has it have a bad meta-rating to:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_dark_of_the_moon/

After how horrible the second one was, I would look to pass on this.  Considering I still haven't seen Thor, X-Men First Class, or anything really, I am sure there is plenty of other things for me to spend my time and money on better than this.  Shame that Transformers tailed off.  I am a fan of these robots to.

I think it should be noted, look at the user reviews, the user reviews are MUCH higher then the critics. Why? Because this movie is a pure adrenaline rush (And the Megan Fox replacement, MY GOD, is she so much hotter then Megan Fox) and provides nearly non stop entertainment. Its not a "Genius Story" or a "Cinema Masterpiece", considering the pure catalog of movies I watch and high standards for most of them I understand the aspects of finer Cinema and good movies.

But to me I feel like most reviewers tend to forget that sometimes, you need to sit back, let your ambitions go, and let out the kid in you. Just be purely entertained, which this movie does extremely well. I've seen all three movies, and I can vouch that this movie is by far the best of the three. It's up to you if you want to see it or not.

How many other movies out now, would you recommend people see before Transformers?  I named some that I am under the impression have higher priority.

I've already seen allot of the movies out. I'm weird with my movies. Like I went to my local Drive-In, and they double feature everything (You get to watch 2 movies for $8) and Super 8 was paired with Transformers.

Super 8, while watching it, was the far better movie in every respect, however, I found Transformers to be far more entertaining. Its one of those movies, where you go with your buds and have a damn good time. Super 8 is more a movie where you watch alone and enjoy it, you know? I guess a good way to put it, is if you plan on going with a bunch of friends, I'd highly recommend Transformers.

Necromunda said:
richardhutnik said:

I think it should be noted, look at the user reviews, the user reviews are MUCH higher then the critics. Why? Because this movie is a pure adrenaline rush (And the Megan Fox replacement, MY GOD, is she so much hotter then Megan Fox) and provides nearly non stop entertainment. Its not a "Genius Story" or a "Cinema Masterpiece", considering the pure catalog of movies I watch and high standards for most of them I understand the aspects of finer Cinema and good movies.

But to me I feel like most reviewers tend to forget that sometimes, you need to sit back, let your ambitions go, and let out the kid in you. Just be purely entertained, which this movie does extremely well. I've seen all three movies, and I can vouch that this movie is by far the best of the three. It's up to you if you want to see it or not.

How many other movies out now, would you recommend people see before Transformers?  I named some that I am under the impression have higher priority.

I've already seen allot of the movies out. I'm weird with my movies. Like I went to my local Drive-In, and they double feature everything (You get to watch 2 movies for $8) and Super 8 was paired with Transformers.

Super 8, while watching it, was the far better movie in every respect, however, I found Transformers to be far more entertaining. Its one of those movies, where you go with your buds and have a damn good time. Super 8 is more a movie where you watch alone and enjoy it, you know? I guess a good way to put it, is if you plan on going with a bunch of friends, I'd highly recommend Transformers.

Back to the question: Which of the current movies out, since you have seen a lot of them, would you recommend people see before they see Transformers 3.  I have not seen any in months.  Would you, for example, recommend it over Thor or X-Men?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
ThePS3News said:

Breaking the fourth wall would be good to:

Optimus: So, why did you and her break up?

Sam: Because she said the last movie sucked, and she didn't like my acting.

Optimus: You mean we are in a movie?

Sam: Yes, and directed by Michael Bey

Optimus: Oh noooooooooooooo.....

I freaking loved that movie, although it was a little too long for its own good, theres about 20 mins of footage that could have been taken off, regardless it's still a great summer action flick.

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

richardhutnik said:
Necromunda said:
richardhutnik said:

Back to the question: Which of the current movies out, since you have seen a lot of them, would you recommend people see before they see Transformers 3.  I have not seen any in months.  Would you, for example, recommend it over Thor or X-Men?

The movies "out" right now, essentially suck and neither X-Men or Thor are playing in theatres anymore, at least not around me. I'd have to know what's still playing in your area to give you an idea of what I would recommend.

I haven't personally seen Thor, as I had no interest. X-Men however I have seen, and it was good, definitely a worthy reboot, and I would highly recommend it.

What I was trying to explain to you before is, your answer isn't that easy, because it DEPENDS on WHAT you are going to the movies for, WHAT you want to see. I tried explaining in that in my previous post. Honestly, out of what is playing in my area right now, I'd honestly recommend Transformers over anything if your looking to get more out of the movie intellecuallty, and like the noire of old time movies. If your going for gung ho action, incredible set pieces, and battle scenes which simply can't be matched by anything out, not to mention some childish, one liner humor, I'd go and see Transformers, however only if your going with friends.

Signalstar said:
There is not a force in this world that could possibly get me to sit through another shitty Transformers movie. They're terrible in every way a movie can be terrible.

Thumbs up,my friend.

Mordred11 said:
Signalstar said:

Thumbs up,my friend.

Problem is people go in Expecting a Scorsese flick. Its a Transformers movie, I go in expecting massive ass explosions, over the top battles, big ass robots, dumbass juveline humor, and a REALLY hot girl. The entire point of summer movies like these is to go with friends, laugh your asses off, and have a good time. It's not supposed to be like The Departed.

Its designed for entertainment, and specifically entertainment for groups of people. It's by far not the best movie I've seen, it has DOZENS of flaws, however, I had a DAMN good time with my friends watching it, and most of all, I was Entertained. It pisses me off so much sometimes to see people lose the entire point of seeing movies.