By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Transformers 3 Hype

Saw it and found it tobe dogshit...but its the best dogshit out of the 3. Story isactually coherent and mainplot revolves around a 3part cartoon episode from season 2. Shockwave is really cool too...but michael bay still sucks so bad when it comes to character development and providing logical reasons to whats happening...he should be an action scenes director.

If you see it try totake some drugs or hit your head with a bat beforehand to turn your brain off.

Around the Network

This is so true.

brendude13 said:

This is so true.

richardhutnik said:
Necromunda said:
richardhutnik said:

I think it should be noted, look at the user reviews, the user reviews are MUCH higher then the critics. Why? Because this movie is a pure adrenaline rush (And the Megan Fox replacement, MY GOD, is she so much hotter then Megan Fox) and provides nearly non stop entertainment. Its not a "Genius Story" or a "Cinema Masterpiece", considering the pure catalog of movies I watch and high standards for most of them I understand the aspects of finer Cinema and good movies.

But to me I feel like most reviewers tend to forget that sometimes, you need to sit back, let your ambitions go, and let out the kid in you. Just be purely entertained, which this movie does extremely well. I've seen all three movies, and I can vouch that this movie is by far the best of the three. It's up to you if you want to see it or not.

How many other movies out now, would you recommend people see before Transformers?  I named some that I am under the impression have higher priority.

I've already seen allot of the movies out. I'm weird with my movies. Like I went to my local Drive-In, and they double feature everything (You get to watch 2 movies for $8) and Super 8 was paired with Transformers.

Super 8, while watching it, was the far better movie in every respect, however, I found Transformers to be far more entertaining. Its one of those movies, where you go with your buds and have a damn good time. Super 8 is more a movie where you watch alone and enjoy it, you know? I guess a good way to put it, is if you plan on going with a bunch of friends, I'd highly recommend Transformers.

Back to the question: Which of the current movies out, since you have seen a lot of them, would you recommend people see before they see Transformers 3.  I have not seen any in months.  Would you, for example, recommend it over Thor or X-Men?

This is kind hard...

Thor and Xmen were both good as was TF3.

My personal rating is X-men > TF3 > Thor.

X-men has more fan favorite and throwbacks plus a good story.

Thor is a good start of a Franchise and great intro to another Avenger.

TF3 is a decent story  with good humor (not like TF2) and a amazing action flic with my personal favorite toys.

Haven't seen Pirates, Super8, or Cars2 yet (only other movies out now I want to see). I will soon, but not in theaters. ;)

My next theater movie will be Part 1 and 2 of Harry Potter Deathly Hollows. (local theater is playing every movie in theater again during week before final movie. So I'm gonna rewatch part 1 the day before part 2 releases)

Necromunda said:
Mordred11 said:
Signalstar said:
There is not a force in this world that could possibly get me to sit through another shitty Transformers movie. They're terrible in every way a movie can be terrible.

Thumbs up,my friend.

Problem is people go in Expecting a Scorsese flick. Its a Transformers movie, I go in expecting massive ass explosions, over the top battles, big ass robots, dumbass juveline humor, and a REALLY hot girl. The entire point of summer movies like these is to go with friends, laugh your asses off, and have a good time. It's not supposed to be like The Departed.

Its designed for entertainment, and specifically entertainment for groups of people. It's by far not the best movie I've seen, it has DOZENS of flaws, however, I had a DAMN good time with my friends watching it, and most of all, I was Entertained. It pisses me off so much sometimes to see people lose the entire point of seeing movies.

I expect, at least as good as the cartoon I used to watch.  The first one was at least around that, while the second was not.  The third isn't seeming to hold up either, from what I am seeing.  The point is to see stuff in keeping with the cartoon, as I am a fan of the cartoon.  I can tolerate some dumb stuff, as I also liked the GI Joe film, but it has been months since I have seen anything.

Around the Network

I enjoyed it, my favorite of the three. I went in expecting robots beating the crap out of each other and that's what I got, plus Optimus is a B.A. Mofo in this one.

I hope Iam not too Late !!! don't go see this horrible movie D:

Please good friend dont waste money or time on this, maybe, DL the screener but again it will be your lost !..

This ... This was Horrible it was like .... Battle Los Angeles with the Cameo Of Transformer unable to figth anything.

Come on I have spend my money to see Robot figth and kill each other, I didnt want to paid for 2h of running scared humain bag of flesh.

They give us at most 40 min of Transformer,(t hat was really the time transformer is on the screen) the other part as 1h50 of bullshit human with love problem D: .

The second was bad, but this one is ... is 10 time worst then the second

richardhutnik said:
Necromunda said:
Mordred11 said:
Signalstar said:
There is not a force in this world that could possibly get me to sit through another shitty Transformers movie. They're terrible in every way a movie can be terrible.

Thumbs up,my friend.

Problem is people go in Expecting a Scorsese flick. Its a Transformers movie, I go in expecting massive ass explosions, over the top battles, big ass robots, dumbass juveline humor, and a REALLY hot girl. The entire point of summer movies like these is to go with friends, laugh your asses off, and have a good time. It's not supposed to be like The Departed.

Its designed for entertainment, and specifically entertainment for groups of people. It's by far not the best movie I've seen, it has DOZENS of flaws, however, I had a DAMN good time with my friends watching it, and most of all, I was Entertained. It pisses me off so much sometimes to see people lose the entire point of seeing movies.

I expect, at least as good as the cartoon I used to watch.  The first one was at least around that, while the second was not.  The third isn't seeming to hold up either, from what I am seeing.  The point is to see stuff in keeping with the cartoon, as I am a fan of the cartoon.  I can tolerate some dumb stuff, as I also liked the GI Joe film, but it has been months since I have seen anything.

If theres one thing that annoys me is when people compare movies to a series. A series can have hours, upon hours of content, greatly rivaling any movie, or trilogy for that matter. And in respect, its not fair to ever compare something to the original, this is practically in all forms VERY loosly based on the original cartoons. By no means is it even following the same storyline or arcs of the cartoons, therefor should not be compared. Apples to oranges my friend, sure they are both fruits, but still very different. Same goes for this, if they were shooting for spot on accuracy and intended to follow the entire storyline of the origional Transformers series, this would be a completely different trilogy altogether. Anyways, I'm tired, rambling, and I'm starting to question if half of my statement is even coherent. Bedtime. Night.

Allfreedom99 said:
Seeing it this weekend. Sounds to be better at least than the 2nd one. Thats all I ask for.

Would it be possible to make a worse movie than 2nd one ?

Still if people say it's as good as first one then sounds like it's crap ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I watched this film Wednesday, I thought it was ok tbh

the beginning was alright, the middle with the new 'hot woman' development was terrible, we had no emotional attachment at all and I hated this boring and stupidly illogical part, the end was full of explosion and big set pieces, which wasn't too bad

the main reason for me hating this film though, was how illogical EVERYONE was, I found EVERY decision made to be the wrong one and for there to be completely obvious and stupidly insulting alternatives,

I hated it for that part, but it was still better than the second