By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Facebook used to be "cool"

Do you like Facebook?

Yes 30 26.32%

No 38 33.33%

Don't care 46 40.35%

Total:114

I just keep my security settings high, but mostly just do stuff within my a facebook group created by me and my friends so that it only really stays among us

Around the Network

Set your privacy settings properly, don't add people you don't know or like, don't put anything up that could potentially harm you in any way, and Facebook is a great way to contact people and waste a bit of time.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

snakenobi said:
everything is cool once and then goes down the drain

age,a very interesting concept

The power to cheat death & age has been achieved by a great one. If we work together we too can discover the secret!

On Topic:

Its boringg...got bored of it, never go on it now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I use it quite a bit, to keep in touch with people I otherwise wouldn't. I hate using the phone, and I don't have everyone's e-mail so I find that facebook makes everything easier. Planning hockey games/teams/rosters, setting up parties, remembering birthdays...all easier.

darthdevidem01 said:
snakenobi said:
everything is cool once and then goes down the drain

age,a very interesting concept

The power to cheat death & age has been achieved by a great one. If we work together we too can discover the secret!

On Topic:

Its boringg...got bored of it, never go on it now.

that would be great,yoda

although if i did discover it i would use it on everybody,world would be miserable if everybody u know dies

Around the Network

I love FB and you're a crazy.

Best way to keep in touch with family, share pics/vids in private areas, etc.

Not to mention the capability to instantly invite (privately) all your friends/family to big gatherings made kids birthday plans tremendously easier.

there is a simple solution to your family on facebook problem: Just dont add them JESUS!

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

I think it is very useful, from remembering birthdays to be able to create events in the easiest way, also knowing that most of the people you invite will see it, contact family members long lost to you ( this actually happens a lot, i have a very big family and every now and then i find somebody i haven´t heard of in a long time ).

You can make this very enjoyable with the right settings, like, i don´t like my mom seeing me drunk, nor on facebook or in real life, so i don´t show her those photos, just as i don´t get drunk in front of her, is kinda the same principle.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

I find Facebook's design counterintuitive (it is really hard if you want to just get to a friend's page, for instance), but it's really the only way for me to keep my old high school friends, college friends, and Washington internship friends (and some of my old Joystiq friends who have moved on from that site) together in one place

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.