By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Franchises with huge sales POTENTIAL

What franchises have potential to explode in sales?

Some might not remember, but the first 3 Call of Duty games were not huge sellers by any means. It wasn't until CoD4 came out with the modern theme that the series really took off.

The same could be said for GTA. The first 2 were niche titles, and it wasnt until GTA III when the game exploded in sales due to its more controversial themes and ofcourse, Open-World environments in 3D.

With that said, which series do you think could really take off and become a mega-seller?

Here's my pick.....

Saints Row - Nothing innovative here. But it looks to be going from "GTA Rip off" to "better than GTA" territory. Plus GTA hasnt come out in a long time, and TBH Saints Row has better graphics and physics. It plays faster and has more humor/ridiculousness in it. 

Around the Network

Shenmue 3
(LET ME DREAM!)

Warhawk!

Demon Souls/Dark Souls-the sleeper hit that got alot of praise, if handled rightly this could become the next big RPG franchise

Heavenly Sword- I'm not sure on this but rumor had it that Heavenly Sword was in the hands of Santa Monica, if true they might be able to turn this into another God of War like franchise(though I think this was mostly an E3 rumor)

Castlvania Lord of Shadows, with a sequel already in the works I really want this to become huge as the first one was so underrated; reviewers called it a god of war clone(or atleast compared it to God of War) and just moved on

MNR(Mod Nation Racers) Sony needs to make this game a little more simplistic and make the battle weapons more even and hopefully it will pull numbers like LBP

InFamous- though it's all ready somewhat of an established franchise, i want it to become bigger(it can end with just two)

Ar Tonelico- this series never gets the praise it deserve, specifically do to the fact that NIS(A) gives so much(like art books, CDs, free DLC) towards just buying the game and it never get the credit its due.

Foklore- this game was probably the best game on the PS3 for like the first year and a half it was out,  I found it shocking that it got  such low nembers. Sony needs to make it a series

Valkria Chronicles- just tell SEGA to GET THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASSES!!! and bring the series back on the PS3

Darksiders: Really enjoyed the first one and with a sequel already in the works with a nice piece in gameinformer, it could become a very well selling franchise

StarHawk

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

SSX

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

StarHawk - possibly. If it gets reviewed for its online instead of single player.

Just Dance.. the sales now are just the beginning..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Zumba. It sells regardless of messed up boxart.

Red Faction - Think its did ok on the PS2 (though not relative to the userbase) but hasnt done too well this gen, although Guerilla did have some good appeal.