By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre Orders 25th June

gears looks like it will hit 2million preorders in NA, uncharted also looks like it will pass 300k preorders at least depending on how the beta goes maybe more, could we see 500k preorders from it? . There are going to be a TON of huge openings in October and November. any word on halo anv., twisted metal and resistance from ioi or others?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
Okay MW3 on PS3 looks undertracked bigtime! If VGC noticed COD on PS3 is only getting bigger not smaller. The gap between the 360 and PS3 version is decreasing not increasing. There going to undertrack it like what they did with Black OPS

You keep forgetting this is America not WW. In America COD does WAY better on the 360.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, I was like actually this looks about right.  In NA COD on 360 destroys the PS3 version. Black Ops on 360 has outsold the PS3 version by 3.3. million in North America alone, and actually I think there will be an even bigger difference with Modern Warfare 3.

Okay Cod Nov NPD 2008

Modern Warfare 2:

360: 4.2 million

PS3: 1.87 million

Black Ops:

360: 4.9 million

PS3: 3.1 million

I think the pattern should continue like this. Anyways I am still confused about what system I will be getting Modern Warfare 3 on.

dsage01 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
Okay MW3 on PS3 looks undertracked bigtime! If VGC noticed COD on PS3 is only getting bigger not smaller. The gap between the 360 and PS3 version is decreasing not increasing. There going to undertrack it like what they did with Black OPS

You keep forgetting this is America not WW. In America COD does WAY better on the 360.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, I was like actually this looks about right.  In NA COD on 360 destroys the PS3 version. Black Ops on 360 has outsold the PS3 version by 3.3. million in North America alone, and actually I think there will be an even bigger difference with Modern Warfare 3.

Okay Cod Nov NPD 2008

Modern Warfare 2:

Black Ops:

I think the pattern should continue like this. Anyways I am still confused about what system I will be getting Modern Warfare 3 on.

That's first week numbers.  And you have to take into account the 360's userbase is growing faster in NA than the PS3's is.

I think there will be a bigger difference in MW3 North America numbers than there was for Black Ops but I could be wrong will know in about 6 months.

I can't quote yo_john on my phone. to answer halo cea questions the posted article says it got 13k more pre orders. hopefully they pick up when more info comes out about it

zultar said:
I can't quote yo_john on my phone. to answer halo cea questions the posted article says it got 13k more pre orders. hopefully they pick up when more info comes out about it

No way I buy that.  Not a chance. The pre-orders are higher.

Around the Network

Does any1 read the article?

Twisted metal at 33k, Halo ce 31k.

BenVTrigger said:
zultar said:

No way I buy that.  Not a chance. The pre-orders are higher.

I like hearing that .  You are one of the few people who can question the numbers and actually be going off some real data.  My friends are all in if it is $40, but no one has preordered yet.  I'm waiting for pre-order perks and more info.

BenVTrigger said:
HOLY fuck at Gears of War.....................there is no question any more, Gears is the heaviest hitting exclusive franchise other than Halo in NA if not worldwide. I even think Gears 3 has a great chance to surpass Gran Turismo in sales.

Everyone seeing strong pre-order numbers which is fantastic cause it looks like we are going to have a massive holiday in terms of sales which is both excellent for the industry and will make the forums hella exciting.

One note though, Vgchartz you are continueing to undertrack Halo CEA, I'm not quite sure why on this but its true.

Pre-orders have always been missleading. there always seam to be a few games that get tons of pre-orders but there fw is smaller than there pre-orders. remember mag. Sure i think gears 3 will do amazing 7-8 million seams possible but do i think it will do 8.5-9.5 million like gt5 or 10-11 million like reach no i do not.

Also ya i think they have CEA undertraked as well.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

dsage01 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:

Okay Cod Nov NPD 2008

Modern Warfare 2:

Black Ops:

That pattern is flawed.

CoD 4 to MW2 saw a higher gap between 360 and PS3 in 360's favor.

CoD WaW to CoD Black Ops saw a higher gap between 360 and PS3 in 360's favor.

So in actuallity you should compare this to the CoD 4 and MW2 opening weeks.

The gaps are simply smaller in CoD games made by Treyarch because they aren't as good and on 360 there are usually other shooter alternatives that are as good or better, but less so on PS3. The IW iterations are seen as much better hence why the 360 crowd jumps on that game more.

There is a Wii game in the list! Yay!

Above: still the best game of the year.