By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre Orders 25th June

Don't think it is that high. I've pre-ordered 4 copies here in the UK. For myself, wife (she loves Gears) and two brothers.

Around the Network

Yeah microsoft basically said preorders were at 450k right after the beta ended. i think 600k in eemea is the minimum

those Gears 3 pre-orders are insane, what is the most pre-ordered game ever? I think Gears will be very close at least

Seece said:

Holy fuck at Gears 0_o

12/20 are X360 ...

Truly amazing isn't it. I bet that Gears 3 FW sales in the Americas beats Uncharted 3 FW sales worldwide. What makes this more interesting though is how close the first two gears are in sales. I wonder what is to blame for this series becoming so much more popular?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

most of the time vgcharts preorders are way off. (Ex fable 3 preorders in NA was about the first week sales of the game. same with fallout new vegas) hopefully those gears numbers are right. (Should be because epic said so as well). this gets me excited!

Around the Network

HOLY fuck at Gears of War.....................there is no question any more, Gears is the heaviest hitting exclusive franchise other than Halo in NA if not worldwide. I even think Gears 3 has a great chance to surpass Gran Turismo in sales.

Everyone seeing strong pre-order numbers which is fantastic cause it looks like we are going to have a massive holiday in terms of sales which is both excellent for the industry and will make the forums hella exciting.

One note though, Vgchartz you are continueing to undertrack Halo CEA, I'm not quite sure why on this but its true.

trunkswd said:

Americas Preorders Article is up. Click here to check it out. There are a lot of new graphs with more comparisions.

Preview:

There is a graph comparing the PlayStation 3 versions of Modern Warfare 3, so if you are interested check it out.

Oh god... ._.

homer said:
Seece said:

Holy fuck at Gears 0_o

12/20 are X360 ...

Truly amazing isn't it. I bet that Gears 3 FW sales in the Americas beats Uncharted 3 FW sales worldwide. What makes this more interesting though is how close the first two gears are in sales. I wonder what is to blame for this series becoming so much more popular?

It's gotta be the fact that the multiplayer in the beta actually worked. No more of this bullcrap where you shoot someone in the back three times with a shotgun only to have them shrug all your shots off and kill you with one shot. I can't wait for these guys who get host on a regular basis in Gears 2 to try to do the same sort of crap that they've been doing for years only to start eating my shotgun because this game actually registers hits. But yeah, the beta was very smooth, and I think word of mouth has really helped it so far.  

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

trunkswd said:
italo244 said:
trunkswd said:

Americas Preorders Article is up. Click here to check it out. There are a lot of new graphs with more comparisions.

Preview:

There is a graph comparing the PlayStation 3 versions of Modern Warfare 3, so if you are interested check it out.

Oh god... ._.

Let me take a guess. You don't want Modern Warefare 3 to outsell Black Ops and you want Call of Duty to die? Gears 3 is also outpacing Halo: Reach.

Haha. Hell no. I really love Call of Duty series, for me "the more, better".

=D

DIOS MIOS @ Gears 3!!! absolutely incredible!!!

and uncharted 3 to hit 100K! I wonder if we'll see a major pre-order spike during the beta