By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim- the erosion of a once great series

YOU WON'T SPOIL SKYRIM FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!

*runs*

Around the Network

I remember Fallout 3 getting the same kind of idiotic bitching from some people before it was released and look at how that turned out, one of the best reviewed and received WRPGs of all time. I'm willing to bet that Skyrim will get a similar reception.

Actually a lot of this stuff sounds good. I like to say I'm an (J)RPG/Bioware esque WRPG fan on consoles...I could never get into Elder Scrolls ...Skyrim looks to change that...seems there targeting the Bioware fanbases

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

selnor said:
From what I've read and heard. Skyrim not only plays smoother and feels more natural, but doing away with classes was best choice the series could have made. Now you have access to everything, but have to decide where you put your time to learn.

All the playtests I have read including die hard fans on YouTube are loving skyrims changes.

I personally can't wait. And think it sounds and looks the best yet.

Hardcore TES fans or Oblivion fans? Because they are mostly not the same people.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

huaxiong90 said:
I don't mind the NPC romances...but everything else...just wow.

Thank god Dark Souls isn't heading this way.

Dark Souls will be GOTY... quote me on this...

Especially after the crap listed in the OP. How is that ANY good?

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I remember Fallout 3 getting the same kind of idiotic bitching from some people before it was released and look at how that turned out, one of the best reviewed and received WRPGs of all time. I'm willing to bet that Skyrim will get a similar reception.

Yeah it's so awesome that huge part of series fans hates it with passion and it received Failblivion nickname on a lot of portals dedicated to rpg games ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I'm proud of us, the internet, for dooming something before it's released..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Zlejedi said:
Legend11 said:

Yeah it's so awesome that huge part of series fans hates it with passion and it received Failblivion nickname on a lot of portals dedicated to rpg games ;)

Which game are you talking about? Oblivion or Fallout 3?

Both Oblivion and Fallout 3 are critically acclaimed, have high user review averages all over the net and have sold very well.

A whiny vocal minority doesn't mean anything in the large scheme of things...(same applies to ME2 haters)

@OP

Continue to whine....everyone is gushing about the game, those that played it. The changes have fitted in well.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Xen said:
huaxiong90 said:
I don't mind the NPC romances...but everything else...just wow.

Thank god Dark Souls isn't heading this way.

Dark Souls will be GOTY... quote me on this...

Especially after the crap listed in the OP. How is that ANY good?

Xenoblade will be GOTY.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NiKKoM said:
I'm proud of us, the internet, for dooming something before it's released..

Who said anything about Skyrim being doomed? Skryim will sell and be reviewd well will most likely be a strong GOTY candidate and will most likely be a great game. It's just not the TES RPG some of us wish it was, that doesn't mean it's doomed in any way.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!